Winnipeg Blue Bombers Head to Schools for I Love to Read Month
WINNIPEG, MB. - Winnipeg Blue Bombers players are headed out to hit the books with school-aged kids across Manitoba. Beginning today, players will visit more than 35 classrooms to read stories with children across the province in February.
"Education has opened doors for many of our players throughout their careers and we are happy to give back to the community in a celebration of learning during I Love to Read month," said Hannah Rose Pratt, Manager of Community Relations.
Players Matt Bucknor, Rory Kohlert, Teague Sherman, Zach Anderson, Matthias Goossen, and Running Backs Coach Buck Pierce will visit schools in Winnipeg, Selkirk, Teulon, Brokenhead Ojibway Nation, Anola, and Dugald, covering more than 700-kilometers in travel.
Last year, the Bombers read to more than 1700 students in 35 schools to celebrate I Love to Read month, and made more than 200 school visits and appearances in the community.
For more information about player appearances, please visit http://www.bluebombers.com/appearance-requests/
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from February 2, 2016
- Riders Sign Running Back Malcolm Cyrus - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Boldewijn Inks with BC Lions - B.C. Lions
- Anwar Stewart Promoted to Defensive Line Coach - Montreal Alouettes
- Blue Bombers Add Veteran Defensive Back Macho Harris, Defensive End Shayon Green - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Head to Schools for I Love to Read Month - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Winnipeg Blue Bombers Stories
- Board Renewal Process Continues
- Seven Blue Bombers Opt Out
- Two Opt Out
- Blue Bombers Unveil 107th Grey Cup Championship Ring
- Blue Bombers Add Two to Roster