Winnipeg Acquires Pat MacDonald in Trade with Calgary
WINNIPEG, MB - The Blue Bombers have acquired non-import defensive lineman Pat MacDonald from the Calgary Stampeders in exchange for future considerations.
MacDonald (6-2, 265, Alberta 06, DOB: February 20, 1982 in Oakville, ON) was recently released by the Carolina Panthers.
He was signed by the New Orleans Saints as an undrafted free agent in 2007 and was drafted by the Calgary Stampeders in the third round of the 2007 CFL Draft.
MacDonald played his university football at Alberta, where he was a defensive lineman and a long snapper. In 2006 he totaled 26 solo tackles, five tackles for a loss, two sacks and a forced fumble.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from July 9, 2009
- Stamps deal MacDonald - Calgary Stampeders
- Lions and Tiger-Cats ready to claw it out Friday night - B.C. Lions
- Winnipeg Acquires Pat MacDonald in Trade with Calgary - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Vote For Doug Brown - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Stamps Travel to Winnipeg for Match with Bombers - Calgary Stampeders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Winnipeg Blue Bombers Stories
- Three Winnipeg Blue Bombers Named West Division Nominees for Most Outstanding Player Awards
- Seven Blue Bombers Named West Division All-Stars
- Matthias Goossen Presented Ed Kotowich Award
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Announce Team Award Winners
- Matt Nichols, Adam Bighill Named Shaw CFL Top Performers of the Month