Winners of First Responders Home Run Derby Announced
Clipper Magazine Stadium hosted a Home Run Derby for First Responders and Military (including veterans) sponsored by T-Mobile on October 24, 2020. The event, coordinated by the Lancaster Barnstormers, raised over $3,000 for local first responder organizations.
Contestants were given 15 swings each with a wooden bat. Points on each fair ball were awarded based on the distance the ball was in the air with one point for clearing the innermost arc to four for scaling the home run fences.
At the end of the preliminary rounds, the top three in each category (fire, police, EMT and military) took part in a two-minute speed round. A winner in each of the four groups was determined, and donations to that person's selected charity were made, based on order of finish.
The event was a success with 51 participants and was a great opportunity for first responders to have the chance to donate money to a nonprofit of their choice. The winners are listed below along with their affiliated categories, their chosen nonprofit, and amount of money won for those causes:
1st Place - Michael Thomas representing the Firefighter Division with 60 points, New Danville Fire Company will be receiving $1,500
2nd Place - Ben Bradley representing the Police Division with 51 points, The Lancaster City Police K9 Unit will be receiving $1,000
3rd Place - Jody Roof representing the Military Division with 45 points, Wellsville Fire Company will be receiving $500
4th Place - James Rohrer representing the EMS Division with 29 points, Lancaster EMS (LEMSA) will be receiving $250
• Discuss this story on the Atlantic League message board...
Atlantic League Stories from October 28, 2020
- Sculpture Unveiled at TD Bank Ballpark to Honor Steve Kalafer and Sparky Lyle - Somerset Patriots
- Truist Point & High Point Rockers to Host Holiday Pop-Up Shop - High Point Rockers
- Winners of First Responders Home Run Derby Announced - Lancaster Barnstormers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lancaster Barnstormers Stories
- Winners of First Responders Home Run Derby Announced
- First Responders Home Run Derby this Weekend at Clipper Magazine Stadium
- Barnstormers Offer Clipper Magazine Stadium to Toronto Blue Jays
- Clipper Magazine Stadium Reopens for Summer Fun
- Barnstormers to Celebrate Opening Day Virtually