Wings Win Again, 6-3 Friday at Austin
Aberdeen 6 @ Austin 3 - The Aberdeen Wings franchise record for wins is now up to 13 as the Wings doubled up the Bruins 6-3. Brad Belisle knocked in two goals and added an assist while Nic Sicoly also picked up a pair of goals. Thomas Rocco and Stepan Pokorny each scored for Aberdeen. Matt Vernon made 22 saves in the blue paint for win number 22. Joseph Winkelmann had two points in the loss for Austin, Lane Krenzen and Connor Mylymok both found the back of the net. Brett Miller took the loss in goal as he made 22 saves. Joe Strada's 3 assists ties him for the all time franchise record in assists with Kyle Haak (82) and points with Haak & Cory Ward (120)! Strada will have a chance to break the record tonight!
The two teams will once again faceoff tonight from Riverside Arena in Austin, puck drop is scheduled for 7:05pm. You can watch the game at Buffalo Wings & Rings in Aberdeen or by logging on to HockeyTV.com. Or tune into 94.1 The Rock, HubCityRadio.com or the Rock App.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from January 12, 2019
- Ice Rays Sweep the Mudbugs - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Jacks Fall to Amarillo 6-2, Settle for Weekend Split - Odessa Jackalopes
- Pilots Pick up Point, Fall in Shootout 3-2 - Topeka Pilots
- Hawks Record Back-To-Back Shutouts with 6-0 Win over Maryland - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Bruins Score Three in Third to Force Overtime, Fall in Shootout to Aberdeen 4-3 - Austin Bruins
- Black Bears Second Half Slide Continues - Maryland Black Bears
- Wings Win Again, 6-3 Friday at Austin - Aberdeen Wings
- Quick Hits: NAHL Game 35 Preview - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights
- IceRays Shut out Shreveport in Return to Home Ice - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Ice Rays Shut out the Bugs - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Jacks' Four-Goal Rally Leads to 5-3 Upset of Amarillo - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.