Wings slide continues
The Wings came into the weekend looking to stop the bleeding of a 3 game losing streak but were unable as they lost three straight road games. On Friday night Danville traveled to Sioux Falls and came away with a 7-5 loss. Andrew Panchenko started the Wings off with his 4th goal of the year to stake the Wings to a 1-0 lead. Sioux Falls tied it up 3 minutes later before Alex Foster took a pass from Kelly Sullivan and scored to head into the break leading 2-1. But in the second period Sioux Falls scored 5 goals and took all the momentum away from the Wings. Sullivan, Jeremy Hall and AJ Panchenko also scored for the Wings but it was too late. On Saturday night the Wings traveled to Lincoln and lost 3-1. The Stars scored two second period goals before Nik Sellers cut the lead in half in the third on assists from AJ Panchenko and Derek Patrosso. But 3 minutes later the Stars put the final touches on a 3-1 win. On Sunday the Wings went into Sioux City and came home with a 5-3 loss. Sellers, Patrosso, and Bryan Marshall scored for the Wings. The second period again was the turning point. With the Wings leading 2-1, Sioux City scored 3 goals in the period and kept the lead the rest of the game.
The Wings (17-14-5) remain in thrid place in the East with 39 points, 9 back of codivision leaders Chicago and Cedar Rapids. The Wings travel to play Waterloo on Janaury 23rd and to Cedar Rapids on the 24th.
Wings weekly alumni update
January 19, 2004 - Former Wings alumni stats from last week were Todd Grant (Miami) 1G,2A; Derek Edwardson (Miami) 1A; JR Corkery (Connecticut) 1A; Theo Zacur (Air Force) 1A; Shane Saum (Air Force) 1G,1A; Nick Economakos (RPI) 1G; and Brian Van Abel (Dartmouth) 1A.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from January 19, 2004
- Bucs to honor Ferguson for 500th win - Des Moines Buccaneers
- Two Members of Steel Added to All-Star Game - Chicago Steel
- Eleven Gamblers Ranked by NHL Central Scouting - Green Bay Gamblers
- Four Gamblers Named to the 2004 USHL Prospects/All-Star Roster - Green Bay Gamblers
- Green Bay Gamblers Weekly - Green Bay Gamblers
- USHL Weekly - USHL
- Wings slide continues - Danville Wings
- Record Crowd Packs Young Arena - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Storm Adds Ciraulo to Roster - Tri-City Storm
- RoughRiders Host Sioux Falls Tomorrow - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders