Wings Fall to Mystics in Washington
The Dallas Wings (10-23) fell to the Washington Mystics (25-8) 86-73 in Washington D.C. at Entertainment and Sports Arena Friday night.
The Wings were led by rookie phenom Arike Ogunbowale who, with her 30 points tonight, tied Maya Moore for the most consecutive 30-point games with four and now has the second most 30-point games for a rookie in WNBA history. The Notre Dame product moved to sixth on the all-time rookie scoring list with 605 total points after tonight's performance. Ogunbowale was assisted by Isabelle Harrison in the effort, who collected eight boards, five of them on the offensive end, and dropped 15 points, the thirteenth time this season she has scored 10 or more and fifth time she has scored at least 15 this season.
Glory Johnson also recorded eight rebounds, all of them defensive, and netted four points. Eight of the nine active Wings players scored tonight, including Karlie Samuelson, scoring her first points as a member of the Wings organization.
The Wings return home to College Park Center and take on the Seattle Storm in the season's finale. Sunday to take on the Seattle Storm in the final game of the season at College Park Center.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from September 10, 2019
- WNBA Announces Officials for 2019 Playoffs - WNBA
- Wings Fall to Seattle in Season Finale - Dallas Wings
- Wings Fall to Mystics in Washington - Dallas Wings
- Mystics Update - Washington Mystics
- ESPN Tips off WNBA Postseason with First Round Doubleheader - WNBA
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dallas Wings Stories
- Ogunbowale Named to USA Women's AmeriCup Team
- Wings Awarded No. 2 Pick in 2020 WNBA Draft
- Ogunbowale Named to 2019 WNBA All-Rookie Team
- Diggins-Smith and Ogunbowale to Participate in USA Basketball Training Ahead of FIBA AmeriCup
- Wings Fall to Seattle in Season Finale