Wings Fall to Seattle in Season Finale
Rookie of the Year frontrunner Arike Ogunbowale tallied another 20-point performance as the Dallas Wings (10-24) fell 78-64 to the Seattle Storm (18-16) in the Wings' season finale. Ogunbowale had a game-high 25 points.
Ogunbowale's final performance of the season moved her past Cappie Pondexter and former WNBA Rookie of the Year Winners Candace Parker and Breanna Stewart on the all-time rookie scoring list. She ends the season sitting alone in third place at 630 points.
In passing the 20-point mark for the 11th straight game, the Notre Dame phenom tied Maya Moore for the second-longest single season streak of 20-point games in WNBA history.
Isabelle Harrison also hit double digits for the Wings, scoring 12 points on 6-of-14 shooting. Harrison also grabbed a team-high eight rebounds in the contest. Kaela Davis and Allisha Gray scored seven points and five points, respectively.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from September 10, 2019
- WNBA Announces Officials for 2019 Playoffs - WNBA
- Wings Fall to Seattle in Season Finale - Dallas Wings
- Wings Fall to Mystics in Washington - Dallas Wings
- Mystics Update - Washington Mystics
- ESPN Tips off WNBA Postseason with First Round Doubleheader - WNBA
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dallas Wings Stories
- Ogunbowale Named to USA Women's AmeriCup Team
- Wings Awarded No. 2 Pick in 2020 WNBA Draft
- Ogunbowale Named to 2019 WNBA All-Rookie Team
- Diggins-Smith and Ogunbowale to Participate in USA Basketball Training Ahead of FIBA AmeriCup
- Wings Fall to Seattle in Season Finale