Willis Joins Shock
July 11, 2007- The Spokane Shock announced today that Odell Willis has been assigned to their roster by the League Office.
Willis, 6-2 252, attended West Georgia University where he was a teammate of LB Kelvin Morris. His best season at West Georgia came in 2005. That year, Willis was selected 1st Team all Gulf-South and recorded 34 total tackles, including 12.5 for a loss, four pass break-ups, seven QB hurries, and 10 sacks. Over his four-year career at West Georgia, he compiled 126 total tackles and 20.5 sacks.
"Willis is an extremely athletic player," Head Coach Adam Shackleford said. "He had a very impressive workout with us and he will certainly add some quickness and depth to our defensive line."
Willis, who recorded 24 repetitions bench pressing 225 pounds on his pro day, is not expected to play this weekend but will be eligible.
The Shock will leave Friday morning to Amarillo, TX as they take on the Dusters. With a win this weekend, the Shock will be crowned with the Western Division title and will be assured of hosting at least one play-off game. Kick-off is set for 5:30 PST with live coverage on the official radio home of the Shock 105.7 THE BUZZARD.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from July 19, 2007
- Texas Copperheads game notes - Texas Copperheads
- af2 week 17 Friday night matchups - af2
- Willis Joins Shock - Spokane Shock
- Coyotes Head to Boise - Central Valley Coyotes
- af2 Week Seventeen: Quick Hitters - af2
- E-Blitz Newsletter - Bakersfield Blitz
- Chick Fil A Night With The Copperheads - Texas Copperheads
- On Track For Back To Back - Green Bay Blizzard
- Air Force Recruiting Service To Present The Wolves With The 2007 American Spirit Award - Manchester Wolves
- Cooper Fills Out Coaching Staff - Bakersfield Blitz
- Fans Can Bid On Game Worn Jerseys At Burn's Home Finale Saturday - Boise Burn
- Fire seek season ticket and ownership support in quest for AFL - Louisville Fire
- Firecats Benton Mr. 1000 - Florida Firecats
- Wildcats Planning Final Regular Season Home Game Festivities This Saturday Night - South Georgia Wildcats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.