Coyotes Head to Boise
(Fresno, Calif.) - With two games left in the regular season and a playoff berth already in hand the Central Valley Coyotes (9-5) visit the Boise Burn (6-8) this Saturday night at Qwest Arena. It will be the second meeting between the two franchises after the Coyotes beat Boise in Fresno earlier this season 79-70.
Boise jumped out to a fast 4-1 start under first year Head Coach Lee Leslie but a loss to the Coyotes in week 6 was the beginning of a 7 game losing streak for the Burn. But, at 4-8 the Burn quickly turned around what could have been a disastrous and has won their last two games. The most recent was a 58-46 victory over the Stockton Lightning last weekend in Stockton.
The Coyotes are coming of a playoff clinching 56-52 victory over the Lubbock Renegades last weekend in Lubbock. Rookie QB Brian Luke made the most of his first start in guiding the Coyotes to a two game season "sweep" over first year franchise Lubbock. The Coyotes will try to make it two "sweeps" on the year when the head to Boise this weekend to try to repeat the performance from earlier this year against the Burn. In their first meeting the Coyotes had their best offensive performance on the season as they put up 79 points and 407 total yards. For his performance in that game Coyote QB Clay Groefsema was named the leagues "Offensive Player of the Week" after rushing for 4 touchdowns and throwing for 8 touchdowns.
The Coyotes will return home on July 28th for their regular season finale against the Bakersfield Blitz. The Coyotes will be celebrating "Youth Football Night", which includes a Youth Football Camp lead by members of the Coyotes coaching staff, which will take place that afternoon. Participating in the camp will be kids from youth football leagues from around the Central Valley and Fresno PAL. That evening events will also include a half time performance by the Edison High Pep and Cheer team.
You can get more information on group or individual game tickets for Coyotes final regular season game, or to inquire about a possible home playoff tickets and 2008 season tickets by contacting the Central Valley Coyotes at (559) 263-9780 or by visiting www.centralvalleycoyotes.com.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from July 19, 2007
- Texas Copperheads game notes - Texas Copperheads
- af2 week 17 Friday night matchups - af2
- Willis Joins Shock - Spokane Shock
- Coyotes Head to Boise - Central Valley Coyotes
- af2 Week Seventeen: Quick Hitters - af2
- E-Blitz Newsletter - Bakersfield Blitz
- Chick Fil A Night With The Copperheads - Texas Copperheads
- On Track For Back To Back - Green Bay Blizzard
- Air Force Recruiting Service To Present The Wolves With The 2007 American Spirit Award - Manchester Wolves
- Cooper Fills Out Coaching Staff - Bakersfield Blitz
- Fans Can Bid On Game Worn Jerseys At Burn's Home Finale Saturday - Boise Burn
- Fire seek season ticket and ownership support in quest for AFL - Louisville Fire
- Firecats Benton Mr. 1000 - Florida Firecats
- Wildcats Planning Final Regular Season Home Game Festivities This Saturday Night - South Georgia Wildcats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Central Valley Coyotes Stories
- Coyotes Meet with IFL as Potential Option for 2011
- Coyotes Announce Kicker Tryout
- Head Athletic Trainer Needed
- Coyotes to Hold Tryout on January 24th
- Coyotes saddened by Falcons demise