On Track For Back To Back
The Green Bay Blizzard are excited to be in control of their own destiny as they head into the final two games of the regular season. "We win, were in," said General Manager Jim Kraft on the team's playoff hopes for this season. A win tomorrow night over the Louisville Fire will secure the Blizzard a spot in arena football2's 2007 postseason. The game is Green Bay's final home game of the regular season.
A playoff appearance this year would be Green Bay's third consecutive trip to the post season, but more is riding on the team's match up with the Fire than just playoff hopes. Green Bay is currently in a three way tie for first place in the Midwest Division with the Louisville Fire and the Quad Cities Steamwheelers. With all three teams at 8-6 overall, back to back division championships is in Green Bay's control; a win over Louisville would knock Louisville out of first place contention. Because Green Bay owns the head to head point differential tie break over the Steamwheelers, a Green Bay victory over the Mahoning Valley Thunder in their final regular season game will secure them the Midwest Division Championship. A division championship would also provide the Blizzard with a home playoff game on August 3rd.
Tickets are still available for Green Bay's key divisional showdown with the Fire. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. with kickoff set for 7:30. Friday night is also "Fan Appreciation Night" and a "Buck Night". The fist 1,000 fans through the door will receive free Blizzard T-shirts compliments of Menominee Casino and fans can get beer, soda, and hotdogs for only $1 all night long. For more information call the Blizzard office at 920-405-1264.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from July 19, 2007
- Texas Copperheads game notes - Texas Copperheads
- af2 week 17 Friday night matchups - af2
- Willis Joins Shock - Spokane Shock
- Coyotes Head to Boise - Central Valley Coyotes
- af2 Week Seventeen: Quick Hitters - af2
- E-Blitz Newsletter - Bakersfield Blitz
- Chick Fil A Night With The Copperheads - Texas Copperheads
- On Track For Back To Back - Green Bay Blizzard
- Air Force Recruiting Service To Present The Wolves With The 2007 American Spirit Award - Manchester Wolves
- Cooper Fills Out Coaching Staff - Bakersfield Blitz
- Fans Can Bid On Game Worn Jerseys At Burn's Home Finale Saturday - Boise Burn
- Fire seek season ticket and ownership support in quest for AFL - Louisville Fire
- Firecats Benton Mr. 1000 - Florida Firecats
- Wildcats Planning Final Regular Season Home Game Festivities This Saturday Night - South Georgia Wildcats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.