Willie Jefferson Named Shaw CFL Top Performer of the Month
WINNIPEG, MB. - The Canadian Football League announced Tuesday that defensive end Willie Jefferson has been named a Shaw CFL Top Performer for the month of August.
Jefferson authored the latest in a series of dominant performances in Week 11, registering three sacks, four tackles, two forced fumbles, two tackles for losses, a pass defending and a fumble recovery in Winnipeg's 34-28 win over Edmonton. Jefferson also batted an Eskimos onside kick out of bounds to give the Bombers possession with 68 seconds remaining in the game, sealing the 34-28 victory.
In the 32-16 victory over the BC Lions in Week 10, Jefferson registered one of seven sacks on the night, but also intercepted Reilly with Winnipeg leading 15-13 and returned it 30 yards to set up the Nichols QB sneak.
Jefferson added another pass knock-down in the Week 9 win over the Calgary Stampeders at home and added two sacks, a forced fumble and a pass knock-down August 1st against the Toronto Argonauts.
Now 8-2 for the first time since 2001, the Bombers are also unbeaten against the West Division at 5-0. The team heads to Saskatchewan Labour Day Classic September 1st, followed by the Banjo Bowl September 7th. Tickets are still available at bluebombers.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from August 28, 2019
- Player Discipline Announced for Week 11 - CFL
- Bombers Add Quarterback Anderson to Practice Roster - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Roughriders' 55th Annual Labour Day Classic Sold Out - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Willie Jefferson Named Shaw CFL Top Performer of the Month - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Wynn Named a CFL Top Performer of the Month for August - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Shaw CFL Top Performers Named for August - CFL
- Trevor Harris Named CFL Player of the Month - EE Football Team
- Blue Bombers Release Receiver Chris Matthews - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.