Wildcats Set to Resume Play in NB
Following yesterday's announcement by New Brunswick Public Heath, we are pleased to confirm that Moncton Wildcats hockey will resume in New Brunswick once we make the transition back to the yellow alert level.
This means that all three NB teams (Moncton Wildcats, Saint John Sea Dogs, and Acadie-Bathurst Titan) will be permitted to play games amongst each other with fans in the building.
We are thrilled to be able to welcome fans back to the Avenir Centre in the very near future! This announcement is not only important to the fans, but also to our players. These young men have spent the last few months patiently waiting and preparing for this day, and we are eager to get them back on the ice to continue their development this season. The Avenir Centre will have the same strict levels of public health protocols in place to ensure the utmost safety for both our fans and players while attending games.
With this announcement there are still many details that need to be finalized, including our game schedule. The three NB teams and the QMJHL are currently working together on finalizing a new short-term schedule, and as soon as that is completed we will share with the fans. We also understand that there will be confusion on which game ticket to use; this information will be clearly provided to you well ahead of game day.
We realize these past few months have not been easy, and we sincerely thank you for your continued support and patience.
The Wildcats would like to thank Public Health Officials for their commitment to keeping our province safe, and the ongoing work that they continue to do.
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from February 27, 2021
- Budgell Leads by Example as Isles Double-Up Eagles - Charlottetown Islanders
- Eagles Doubled by Islanders at Centre 200 - Cape Breton Eagles
- Isles and Eagles Meet in Afternoon Affair - Charlottetown Islanders
- Wildcats Set to Resume Play in NB - Moncton Wildcats
- New Brunswick Teams Will Resume Playing - Saint John Sea Dogs
- New Brunswick Teams Will Resume Playing - QMJHL
- Halifax Mooseheads on Pause - QMJHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.