New Brunswick Teams Will Resume Playing
February 27, 2021 - Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) News Release
Chicoutimi, QC- Following constructive dialogue and meetings with New Brunswick Public Health and Government officials, the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League is announcing the return of the Acadie-Bathurst Titan, the Moncton Wildcats and the Saint John Sea Dogs to competition starting the week of March 8th.
A new schedule will be produced and released at the beginning of next week. Of note, the New Brunswick-based teams will only play against each other in March with fans in the building. The situation will be reevaluated with Public Health officials in the upcoming weeks.
"It's outstanding news for our student-athletes that haven't competed since late November," said Commissioner Gilles Courteau. "We want to salute the Government and Public Health officials of New Brunswick for their trust in our Health and Sanitary protocols. Our top priority remains the safety of our players, staffs and fans. We will continue to work in close collaboration with Public Health authorities to ensure a safe environment for all our participants."
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from February 27, 2021
- Budgell Leads by Example as Isles Double-Up Eagles - Charlottetown Islanders
- Eagles Doubled by Islanders at Centre 200 - Cape Breton Eagles
- Isles and Eagles Meet in Afternoon Affair - Charlottetown Islanders
- Wildcats Set to Resume Play in NB - Moncton Wildcats
- New Brunswick Teams Will Resume Playing - Saint John Sea Dogs
- New Brunswick Teams Will Resume Playing - QMJHL
- Halifax Mooseheads on Pause - QMJHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.