Wildcats Come up Short 6-3 in Spirited Game vs the Phoenix
Jeremy McKenna has a goal and two assists in the Wildcats' 6-3 loss to the Sherbrooke Phoenix, in a battle of the top two teams in the CHL, Friday at Palais des Sports Leopold-Drolet.
Jacob Hudson and Mina Cyr also scored while Alexander Khovanov contributed two assists.
Sherbrooke took the lead with a power play goal twelve minutes into the game.
Hudson tied it about three minutes later, but another Phoenix power play goal before the end of the period gave the home side a 2-1 lead.
Trailing 3-1 in the third, Cyr netted a power play goal to cut Moncton's deficit back to one.
Sherbrooke restored its two-goal lead two minutes later, but McKenna made it a 4-3 game less than a minute after that.
That's as close as the Wildcats would get on the scoreboard.
The Phoenix struck again with under five minutes remaining and finished off the scoring with an empty-netter with 4.1 seconds left.
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from December 6, 2019
- Wildcats Come up Short 6-3 in Spirited Game vs the Phoenix - Moncton Wildcats
- Hat Trick for McKenna as the Wildcats Top the Tigres 6-2 - Moncton Wildcats
- Burns' Hat Trick the Difference in 5-2 Win over Volts - Saint John Sea Dogs
- Mooseheads Edge Eagles in Wild One in Halifax - Cape Breton Eagles
- Scholastic Players for the Month of November 2019 Named - QMJHL
- Reversal of Fortunes in Quebec the Game for the Isles Tonight in Baie-Comeau - Charlottetown Islanders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Moncton Wildcats Stories
- Jeremy Berube Traded to the Drakkar, While Wildcats Add Forward Ben Mercer
- Cats in the Community: Battle of the Bridge
- QMJHL Postpones Games in the Maritimes Division
- Patrick Pion Joins Team as Manager of Business Development
- Wildcats Add Titan Defenseman, Sam McKinney