Hat Trick for McKenna as the Wildcats Top the Tigres 6-2
Jeremy McKenna netted a hat trick and Julien Hebert had two points, including his first goal, in his QMJHL debut to lead the Wildcats to a 6-2 victory over the Victoriaville Tigres, Thursday at Colisee Desjardins.
Jordan Spence and Mark Rumsey also scored for Moncton.
Spence opened the scoring more than five minutes into the first period. Victoriaville countered with a power play goal with nine seconds left, making the score 1-1 after one period.
McKenna gave the Wildcats the lead again with a power play goal seven minutes into the second. Rumsey followed five minutes later to make it 3-1 after forty minutes.
Victoriaville cut their deficit back to one with a power play goal in the opening minute of the third.
Hebert, recalled earlier in the day, buried his first QMJHL goal three minutes later to restore a two-goal lead.
McKenna added another power play goal with under eight minutes remaining and completed his hat trick in the final minute.
Charles-Antoine Lavallee made 27 stops for the victory. Alexander Khovanov contributed three assists and Philippe Daoust two.
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from December 6, 2019
- Wildcats Come up Short 6-3 in Spirited Game vs the Phoenix - Moncton Wildcats
- Hat Trick for McKenna as the Wildcats Top the Tigres 6-2 - Moncton Wildcats
- Burns' Hat Trick the Difference in 5-2 Win over Volts - Saint John Sea Dogs
- Mooseheads Edge Eagles in Wild One in Halifax - Cape Breton Eagles
- Scholastic Players for the Month of November 2019 Named - QMJHL
- Reversal of Fortunes in Quebec the Game for the Isles Tonight in Baie-Comeau - Charlottetown Islanders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Moncton Wildcats Stories
- Jeremy Berube Traded to the Drakkar, While Wildcats Add Forward Ben Mercer
- Cats in the Community: Battle of the Bridge
- QMJHL Postpones Games in the Maritimes Division
- Patrick Pion Joins Team as Manager of Business Development
- Wildcats Add Titan Defenseman, Sam McKinney