Wild Things, Windy City Postponed to August 11, Teams to Play Doubleheader
WASHINGTON, Pa. - Friday's game against the Windy City ThunderBolts has been postponed due to inclement weather in the Washington area. It will be made up as part of a traditional doubleheader, starting at 5:05 p.m. tomorrow, August 11. Both games will be seven-inning games.
Tonight's planned raffle for Baseball Fights Cancer Night will continue tomorrow. You can try to win Mario Lemieux signed jersey and other memorabilia. Gates open at 4 p.m.
Tomorrow's Pennsylvania Leadership Charter School Wild Thing Bobblehead to the first 1,000 fans will be given out at the 4 p.m. gate. and all other pre-game festivities will take place prior to game two of the doubleheader.
Those that had tickets for tonight's game, can redeem their tickets for any game the rest of the season, but you must bring the ticket to the box office at the stadium to redeem it for a future regular season game.
Michael Austin will toe the rubber for Washington in game one, while Jake Belinda will get the nod for game two. The doubleheader starts at 5:05 p.m., with game two scheduled to begin a half hour following the conclusion of game one. Game two will not start earlier than 7:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from August 10, 2018
- Fighting Freedom Fall Short at Evansville - Florence Y'alls
- Chirino Leads Belters to Eighth Straight Victory - Normal CornBelters
- Grizzlies Drop Opener to Miners - Gateway Grizzlies
- Miners Ride Rozek, Clutch Hits to Win at Gateway - Southern Illinois Miners
- Rascals Drop Heartbreaker to CornBelters - River City Rascals
- Otters Open Homestand with Thrilling Win over Freedom - Evansville Otters
- Kines Tosses Shutout as Boomers Open Long Homestand with Win - Schaumburg Boomers
- Big Innings Cost Crushers In 12-6 Loss - Lake Erie Crushers
- Big Innings Propel Beach Bums to Win - Traverse City Beach Bums
- Wild Things, Windy City Postponed to August 11, Teams to Play Doubleheader - Washington Wild Things
- Big Promotions in Store for Slammers Final Six Games - Joliet Slammers
- Bullpen Leads the Way in Crushers Win - Lake Erie Crushers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Washington Wild Things Stories
- Trevor Casanova Set to Bolster 2021 Wild Things' Roster
- State College Native Spencer Bivens Inks Deal for 2021
- Nate Thompson Is First Outfielder Announced for 2021 Roster
- Nick Ward Announced as Addition to 2021 Roster
- Frontier League Named as Partner League of Major League Baseball