Wild Things Offensive Woes the Story Saturday
WASHINGTON, Pa. (August 10) - After falling in the resumed game from June 20, 3-1, the Wild Things couldn't get anything going offensively, as the Otters evened the weekend series that was originally scheduled with a 6-0 defeat of Washington.
Evansville scored two runs in three separate innings while Washington only managed four hits and seven across the play today in the two games.
Four pitchers worked the contest for Washington, with Matt Marsili tossing another scoreless outing after making his pro debut in the first game at the yard today. He worked 1.1 innings in total and didn't allow a run.
Every Wild Things' hitter struck out and the four hits came from four separate players.
The Otters and Wild Things meet in a rubber game tomorrow on a Kids Eat Free Sunday at Wild Things Park presented by PA Cyber, and it's also Disney Night. First pitch is slated for 5:35 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from August 10, 2019
- Otters Record Two Wins against Wild Things - Evansville Otters
- Grizzlies Lose Back-And-Forth Slugfest - Gateway Grizzlies
- Freedom Buried by Rascals in Middle-Game - Florence Freedom
- Bolts Triumph in Wild Back-And-Forth at Gateway - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Davis' Big Night Leads Miners to Tenth Straight Win - Southern Illinois Miners
- Rascals Clobber Freedom in Game 2 - River City Rascals
- Boomers Fail to Hold Early Lead in Eighth Straight Defeat - Schaumburg Boomers
- Wild Things Offensive Woes the Story Saturday - Washington Wild Things
- Crushers Slam Joliet in 7-0 victory - Lake Erie Crushers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.