Whitecaps FC Sign Canadian Forward Tosaint Ricketts
VANCOUVER, BC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC have added another option to their attack with the signing of Canadian forward Tosaint Ricketts. Ricketts joins the club through the end of the 2019 MLS season, with a club option for 2020. Rickets will arrive in Vancouver on Sunday and will be eligible for the home match at BC Place against D.C. United on Saturday, August 17.
"Tosaint is an experienced player who will have a fast adaptation period and provide us with another option for the remainder of this season," said Marc Dos Santos, Whitecaps FC head coach. "This move gives both our club and Tosaint an opportunity to evaluate as we continue to compete this season, as well as a platform for Tosaint to prove he can have a role on this team moving forward."
TRANSACTION: On August 9, 2019, Whitecaps FC acquire Tosaint Ricketts, pending receipt of his International Transfer Certificate (ITC) and medical.
Whitecaps FC striker Tosaint Ricketts
More than 250 professional matches and 62 goals in 10-year career
15 appearances and eight goals in Lithuania's Lyga A in 2019
59 appearances and 16 goals for Canada men's national team
The 32-year-old most recently played with Lithuanian side FK Suduva in the top tier A Lyga. In 15 league matches with the club, he started 13 times and scored eight goals. In additional competition, Ricketts scored another two goals while making five appearances between domestic cup play and international competition in UEFA Champions League and Europa League qualification matches.
Prior to his time in Lithuania, Ricketts spent three seasons with Toronto FC scoring 15 goals and recording three assists in 18 starts and 58 appearances in MLS regular season and playoff action. The 5-foot-11 striker also started three of his five Canadian Championship appearances, scoring once.
Throughout the first seven years of his career, Rickets played in Finland, Romania, Norway, Turkey, and Israel, accumulating more than 150 appearances and scoring 36 goals.
At the international level, the native of Edmonton, Alberta has represented Canada 59 times, making 40 starts, while scoring 16 goals with four assists.
Weight: 170 pounds
Date of Birth: August 6, 1987 in Edmonton, Alberta
Hometown: Edmonton, Alberta
Previous club: FK Suduva (2019)
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 9, 2019
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. New England Revolution - August 10, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Impact Visits Chicago Fire Saturday Night - Montreal Impact
- Minnesota United FC vs. FC Dallas Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New York City FC - Atlanta United FC
- Defender Victor Cabrera Signs a New Contract with the Impact - Montreal Impact
- D.C. United Announce Audi Field Sellout against LA Galaxy on August 11 - D.C. United
- #FCDvMIN: 5 Things You Need to Know About the Match - FC Dallas
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Seattle Sounders FC - New England Revolution
- FC Dallas Signs Midfielder Eric Alexander - FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Faces Sporting Kansas City on Saturday - Real Salt Lake
- Sporting to Host Rivals Real Salt Lake on Saturday - Sporting Kansas City
- Whitecaps FC Sign Canadian Forward Tosaint Ricketts - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- 2020 Columbus Crew SC Season Ticket Memberships on Sale Now - Columbus Crew SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Vancouver Whitecaps FC Stories
- DoorDash Becomes Official On-Demand Delivery Platform of Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LAFC thwart 'Caps bid for three straight
- Whitecaps FC Announce Remaining 2020 MLS Regular Season Schedule
- Surging 'Caps open road stretch with second consecutive win
- Whitecaps FC Acquire $400,000 in MLS Allocation Money from D.C. United for Yordy Reyna