What's New at North Carolina Football Club for 2018
Cary, NC - With North Carolina FC and the NC Courage set to begin their 2018 campaigns, the North Carolina Football Club has been hard at work in the offseason to ensure fans have the best possible experience at Sahlen's Stadium at WakeMed Soccer Park. From more convenient kickoff times to enhanced concessions and in-stadium fan events, the club's offerings will be sure to satisfy all soccer fans who attend games.
We asked, you answered
At the end of 2017, North Carolina Football Club members were asked to vote on two items pertaining to fan experience. Season ticket, Flex and NCFC Youth members were asked to vote on preferred start times for evening games as well as the name of the new NC Courage mascot. The NC Courage mascot will be unveiled in the coming days, while an NCFC mascot is in the works and will debut later in the season. Additionally, an overwhelming majority of the club's members voted for 7:00 p.m. kickoff times resulting in a standard evening start time of 7:00 p.m.
New in-stadium initiatives
This season, the club will be introducing several initiatives that will enhance the fan experience at games. New concession menu items, special corporate VIP ticket packages, in-stadium vendors and a game-day host are new elements that will boost the club's fan experience at each home game. Below are details on these new offerings for 2018.
Concessions: North Carolina Football Club's longtime partner Backyard Bistro will be introducing tacos, philly cheese steaks and brick oven pizza. Additionally, vendors will be roaming the stands with beer, soft drinks and snacks so that fans will not have to leave their seats during the match. This season, fans will also be able to purchase 16oz cans of Lonerider's NCFC Captain's Lager at concession stands throughout the stadium.
Merchandise: New for this season, fans will be able to purchase NCFC or NC Courage apparel outside the stadium, prior to gates opening. A merchandise tent will be placed outside the gates near the will-call and express sales tables starting at 4:00 p.m. for night games and at 12:30 p.m. for afternoon games. The tent will remain open until all fans are inside the stadium (approximately 20 minutes into the first half).
Far Post Pavilion: This year, the club is offering an enhanced corporate season ticket that includes access to a special VIP tent, located in the southwest corner of the stadium, to network or to relax and play exclusive tailgate-style games such as corn hole. NCFC will purchase two free drinks in the tent to all Corporate Ticket Members at every game. In addition, there will be a rotating course of food options available for purchase.
In-Stadium Host: Starting this year, the club's own Kelly Glendenning will serve as in-stadium host. She will be greeting fans entering the stadium from the video board and conduct contests and brief interviews during breaks in the game to further enhance the fan experience
Game days turn into events
In 2018, home games will turn into events as the club has planned different themes and promotions surrounding each game. March promotions are as follows:
Saturday, March 17 - NCFC Home Opener vs Tampa Bay Rowdies 3:30 p.m. St. Patrick's Day - $3 green beer, corned beef concession specials and more.
Saturday, March 24 - NC Courage Home Opener vs Portland Thorns 3:30 p.m. NWSL Championship Rematch & Kicks 4 Kids.
Saturday March 31 - NC Courage vs. Sky Blue FC 3:00 p.m. Egg Hunt, Used Sports Equipment Drive sponsored by Mix 101.5.
Additional promotional nights will be announced soon and can also be found on NCCourage.com and NorthCarolinaFC.com schedule pages.
Giving back to the community
The club has always kept community outreach at the forefront of its core values and this season is no different. While some initiatives to raise fund and awareness for causes near and dear to the organization will be announced at a later date, the club is offering fans the opportunity to help the cause by rounding up to benefit Kicks 4 Kids (which provides tickets to underprivileged children who wouldn't be able to attend games). Fans will have an option to "round up" their purchase by making a donation when purchasing individual tickets online or in person at the box office.
The club is also announcing some new stadium policies for 2018.
Free Parking: Just like last season, parking will be free for regular season games at WakeMed Soccer Park in all areas except lots B and C.
Soccer balls may be brought in for autograph purposes but must be deflated.
Backpacks with multiple pockets are not allowed. Only single pocket backpacks will be permitted in stadium.
No outside food or drink will be allowed.
Empty water bottles no larger than 32oz are allowed to be brought in and filled at the multiple water fountains found inside the stadium.
Cameras with detachable lenses will not be allowed in the stadium.
To learn more about these initiatives and everything NCFC and NC Courage please visit NorthCarolinaFC.com or NCCourage.com.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League message board...
United Soccer League Stories from March 13, 2018
- Roughnecks Reveal Kits and Jersey Sponsor - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- Bethlehem Steel FC Unveil 2018 Primary Jersey - Bethlehem Steel FC
- LA Galaxy II Sign Defender John Requejo - LA Galaxy II
- What's New at North Carolina Football Club for 2018 - North Carolina FC
- STLFC Renews Local TV Broadcast Partnership with KPLR 11 - Saint Louis FC
- Real Monarchs SLC Move March 31 USL Home Opener to Rio Tinto Stadium - Real Monarchs SLC
- Opening Weekend Brings Marquee Matchups Across League - USL
- Lights FC to Unveil Away Kit, Official Roster at Wednesday Evening's Season Kickoff Party - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Charleston Battery & Blackbaud Continue Philanthropic Partnership - Charleston Battery
- FC St. Pauli Youth Product Nico Matern Signs with Indy Eleven - Indy Eleven
- Hounds Great Rob Vincent Joins Academy Staff - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Roughnecks to Host Live Pop & Vaud Show and Kit Reveal Event Tonight - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent North Carolina FC Stories
- North Carolina FC Makes USL Debut, Falls to Tampa Bay
- Continental Tire Announced as New North Carolina Courage Front of Jersey Sponsor
- North Carolina FC Begins New Chapter with USL Home Opener against Tampa Bay
- Aaron Guillen Inks Deal with North Carolina FC
- North Carolina FC Adds Former College Stars Graham Smith, Cameron Steele