LA Galaxy II Sign Defender John Requejo
LOS ANGELES - LA Galaxy II have signed defender John Requejo, the club announced today. Requejo, 21, had spent the previous three years under contract at Club Tijuana and joins Los Dos with extensive U.S. Soccer Youth National Team experience.
"John is an exciting young prospect that already has a lot of valuable international experience that will be valuable at this level," said LA Galaxy II Head Coach Mike Muñoz. "He's an ambitious, modern day left back in the attack with attributes that suite our style well. He's young and ambitious and I look forward to John getting professional game experience with Los Dos."
Requejo, of Carpinteria, Calif., was one of the most active USYNT members from 2011-13, making 40 appearances for the U-17s during that span. In one of his brightest moments in that time, he helped the U-17s to the 2013 CONCACAF U-17 Championship. In 2015, he was named to the U-20 World Cup roster and at the CONCACAF U-20 Championship in that same year, Requejo and Cameron Carter-Vickers were the only two players on that team to play every minute of the team's six matches.
Requejo signed his first professional contract with Club Tijuana (Mexico) in 2014 at the age of 18. He was loaned to Sinaloa (Mexico) in the second half of the 2017 season. He made two appearances for Club Tijuana in his time there.
With one week remaining until the season opener, Requejo joins Geoffrey Acheampong and Nate Shultz as the club's newest signings. Requejo and LA Galaxy II will kick off the 2018 season Saturday, March 17 against Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC at Weidner Field in Colorado Springs, Colo (5 p.m. PT, streamed live on LAGalaxy.com/2)
Los Dos will host their 2018 Home Opener on Saturday, March 31 against San Antonio FC at StubHub Center (3:30 p.m. PT). Tickets to that match are available for purchase here.
Name: John Requejo
Weight: 146 lbs.
Last Club: Club Tijuana
Birthplace: Santa Barbara, Calif.
Nationality: United States
LA Galaxy II single-game tickets are now available for purchase. Fans save on tickets when they purchase online, available here.
LA Galaxy II Season Ticket Memberships for the 2018 United Soccer League season are now available. Fans can go to https://www.lagalaxy.com/tickets/lagalaxyii/seasontickets to secure their 2018 LA Galaxy II Season Ticket Memberships, beginning at just $102 per seat ($6 per match). Fans can also call 1.877.3GALAXY (342.5299) and press 2 when prompted to secure Season Ticket Memberships.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from March 13, 2018
- Roughnecks Reveal Kits and Jersey Sponsor - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- Bethlehem Steel FC Unveil 2018 Primary Jersey - Bethlehem Steel FC
- LA Galaxy II Sign Defender John Requejo - LA Galaxy II
- What's New at North Carolina Football Club for 2018 - North Carolina FC
- STLFC Renews Local TV Broadcast Partnership with KPLR 11 - Saint Louis FC
- Real Monarchs SLC Move March 31 USL Home Opener to Rio Tinto Stadium - Real Monarchs SLC
- Opening Weekend Brings Marquee Matchups Across League - USL
- Lights FC to Unveil Away Kit, Official Roster at Wednesday Evening's Season Kickoff Party - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Charleston Battery & Blackbaud Continue Philanthropic Partnership - Charleston Battery
- FC St. Pauli Youth Product Nico Matern Signs with Indy Eleven - Indy Eleven
- Hounds Great Rob Vincent Joins Academy Staff - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Roughnecks to Host Live Pop & Vaud Show and Kit Reveal Event Tonight - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy II Stories
- LA Galaxy II Announce Open Tryout Information for 2019
- LA Galaxy II prepare for last game of the 2018 season
- LA Galaxy II Fall to Sacramento Republic FC 2-1
- LA Galaxy II Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy II 3, Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC 1 - Saturday, September 1, 2018
- LA Galaxy II Powers past Sacramento Republic FC 4-1