Charleston Battery & Blackbaud Continue Philanthropic Partnership
CHARLESTON, S.C. - The Charleston Battery and Blackbaud have renewed their partnership, bringing Blackbaud back as the team's official "Nonprofit of the Match" sponsor for the eighth consecutive season.
The Charleston Battery and Blackbaud will identify 17 nonprofit organizations to recognize and honor during the 2018 USL season.
"We value our partnership with Blackbaud very highly and are excited to work together again in 2018," said Charleston Battery Chairman Eric Bowman. "Serving the community is one of our core values and this enables us to raise awareness and funds for several local nonprofit organizations throughout the season."
Each selected nonprofit will get a variety of opportunities to share its mission, raise awareness, and interact with Battery fans at the team's home matches. The organizations receive a table on the concourse, social media support, recognition in the match program, PA reads throughout the game, and 20 complimentary tickets to the match.
"We believe in the power of individuals to be agents of social good; and when people participate in their communities through volunteering, philanthropy, and civic engagement, good things happen," said Blackbaud Vice President of Corporate Citizenship and Philanthropy Rachel Hutchisson "We look forward to partnering with the Charleston Battery again this year."
The Blackbaud Halftime Crossbar Challenge will continue in 2018, giving the nonprofits the chance to win a $1,000 donation from the Battery by kicking a soccer ball and hitting the crossbar of the goal.
This year's participating nonprofits include WINGS for Kids, Special Olympics South Carolina, Carry the Load, American Cancer Society - Hope Lodge, Lowcountry Local First, and MUSC Safe Kids.
The Battery opens its season against FC Cincinnati this Saturday at MUSC Health Stadium. MUSC Children's Health will be the Nonprofit of the Match for the home opener. Fans can check out MUSC Children's Health and all the nonprofits this season at the Nonprofit of the Match table located on the concourse by the west main gate. A full list of participating nonprofits will be released in the near future.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League message board...
United Soccer League Stories from March 13, 2018
- Roughnecks Reveal Kits and Jersey Sponsor - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- Bethlehem Steel FC Unveil 2018 Primary Jersey - Bethlehem Steel FC
- LA Galaxy II Sign Defender John Requejo - LA Galaxy II
- What's New at North Carolina Football Club for 2018 - North Carolina FC
- STLFC Renews Local TV Broadcast Partnership with KPLR 11 - Saint Louis FC
- Real Monarchs SLC Move March 31 USL Home Opener to Rio Tinto Stadium - Real Monarchs SLC
- Opening Weekend Brings Marquee Matchups Across League - USL
- Lights FC to Unveil Away Kit, Official Roster at Wednesday Evening's Season Kickoff Party - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Charleston Battery & Blackbaud Continue Philanthropic Partnership - Charleston Battery
- FC St. Pauli Youth Product Nico Matern Signs with Indy Eleven - Indy Eleven
- Hounds Great Rob Vincent Joins Academy Staff - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Roughnecks to Host Live Pop & Vaud Show and Kit Reveal Event Tonight - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charleston Battery Stories
- 10-Man Battery Earns Draw in Nashville
- Match Preview: Charleston Battery at Nashville SC
- Battery, Independence Draw 1-1 in Final Meeting this Season
- Charleston Battery Hosts Charlotte Independence Wednesday Night
- Battery, Independence Match Rescheduled for September 19