Westchester Knicks Acquire Walker Russell Jr.
WHITE PLAINS - The Westchester Knicks, the official NBA Development League affiliate of the New York Knickerbockers, announced today that they acquired guard Walker Russell Jr. out of the NBA D-League available player pool.
Russell, Jr., the 6-0, 175 pounds, is the son of former NBA player and long-time New York Knicks scout Walker Russell Sr. and played in the NBA D-League with the Reno Bighorns in 2012-13. In 178 career D-League games the five-year veteran averaged guard averaged 14 points, 7.7 assists, and 3.3 rebounds. In 2007, Russell Jr. was invited to New York Knicks training camp, signed as a free agent on Oct. 1 and waived on Oct. 25.
Westchester also announced the release of center Jordan Vandenberg and guard Kris Clark.
Tickets for the Westchester Knicks are on sale now at Ticketmaster outlets and the Westchester County Center Box Office and start at $10. For information on season tickets and partial plans, visit WestchesterKnicks.com or call (914) 559-6889. Fans can stay up-to-date on team news by following the team at: @wcknicks on Twitter and on Facebook at facebook.com/wcknicks.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 23, 2014
- Westchester Knicks End Four Game Skid - Westchester Knicks
- Iowa Energy Fall in Close Game to Rio Grande Valley - Iowa Wolves
- Iowa Energy Players to Help Serve Christmas Dinner - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Walker Russell Jr. - Westchester Knicks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Westchester Knicks Stories
- Westchester Looks to First Win Streak at Long Island
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Tuach and Woodbury
- Westchester Knicks 2018-19 Schedule Announced
- Westchester Knicks Eliminated from Playoff Contention with Loss to Reigning Champion Raptors 905
- Mike Miller Named NBA G League Coach of the Year