Westchester Knicks Acquire John Jenkins
WHITE PLAINS, NY - The Westchester Knicks, the official NBA Development League affiliate of the New York Knickerbockers, announced today the team has claimed guard John Jenkins off waivers.
Jenkins (6-4, 215), an early-entry draft candidate, was selected by the Atlanta Hawks in the first round (23rd overall) of the 2012 NBA Draft. A three-year starter at Vanderbilt University, Jenkins averaged 16.9 points, 2.7 assists, and 1.1 rebounds while shooting 43.8 percent from three. In three seasons with Atlanta, Jenkins averaged 4.9 points over 98 appearances before joining the Dallas Mavericks for the 2015-16 season. Jenkins most recently played for the Phoenix Suns, appearing in four games this season.
Jenkins has also appeared in 17 career NBA D-League games, most recently in 2014-15 with the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, averaging 19.8 points, 4.3 rebounds, and 2.1 assists over 30.7 minutes per game.
The Westchester Knicks will welcome the Windy City Bulls, the Chicago Bulls' new affiliate, to the Westchester County Center for the first time with a back-to-back match-up beginning tonight, Feb. 3 at 7:00 p.m. for Knicks Legends Night.
The game will be broadcast live on MSG Networks and Facebook Live.
Tickets for the 2016-17 season are on sale now at Ticketmaster outlets and the Westchester County Center Box Office. For information on all ticket plans and promotions, visit WestchesterKnicks.com or call (914) 559-6889. Fans can stay up-to- date on team news by following the team at: @wcknicks on Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat and on Facebook at facebook.com/wcknicks.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 3, 2017
- Drive Top Charge Behind 28 Points from Murphy, Crawford - Grand Rapids Drive
- Charge Go Down to Drive - Canton Charge
- Iowa Energy Acquire Troy Williams - Iowa Wolves
- Hornets Sign Ray McCallum to 10-Day Contract - Grand Rapids Drive
- Detroit Pistons Assign Forward Henry Ellenson And Guard Michael Gbinije - Grand Rapids Drive
- Ella Ellis Returns to Maine for Special "Military Appreciation Night" - Maine Red Claws
- Bighorns Acquire Jaleel Cousins - Reno Bighorns
- San Antonio Assigns Bryn Forbes and Dejounte Murray to Austin - Austin Spurs
- Westchester Knicks Acquire John Jenkins - Westchester Knicks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Westchester Knicks Stories
- Westchester Knicks' Run Stalled By Grand Rapids Drive
- Xavier Rathan-Mayes Records Fourth Triple-Double Upon Return to Westchester Knicks in Conquest of Windy City Bulls
- Xavier Rathan-Mayes Returns to Westchester Knicks
- Westchester Knicks Rise over Erie BayHawks to Maintain Position at Top of Eastern Conference Standings
- Long Island Spoils Westchester Knicks' Chance to Clinch - Again