Iowa Energy Acquire Troy Williams
Des Moines, Iowa - The Iowa Energy announced today that the team has acquired forward Troy Williams and waived guard DeAndre Mathieu.
Williams (6-7, 218) appeared in 24 games (13 starts) for the Memphis Grizzlies during his rookie season and averaged 5.3 points, 1.8 rebounds and 1.0 steals in 17.4 minutes.
As an assignee with the Energy this season, Williams averaged 14.5 points, 4.1 rebounds and 1.1 assists in 11 games.
A native of Hampton, Va., Williams signed with Memphis on Aug. 8, 2016 as an undrafted free agent after his junior season at Indiana University.
A three-year starter as a Hoosier, Williams was named Third Team All-Big 10 as a junior and was named the 2013 Gatorade Player of the Year in the state of Virginia his senior year of high school.
Mathieu (5-9, 169) appeared in seven games for the Energy and averaged 4.1 points, 1.3 rebounds and 1.4 assists per game after being signed via the available player pool on Dec. 21, 2016.
Williams will be in uniform tonight when the Energy take on the Santa Cruz Warriors at 9:00 p.m. CST.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 3, 2017
- Drive Top Charge Behind 28 Points from Murphy, Crawford - Grand Rapids Drive
- Charge Go Down to Drive - Canton Charge
- Iowa Energy Acquire Troy Williams - Iowa Wolves
- Hornets Sign Ray McCallum to 10-Day Contract - Grand Rapids Drive
- Detroit Pistons Assign Forward Henry Ellenson And Guard Michael Gbinije - Grand Rapids Drive
- Ella Ellis Returns to Maine for Special "Military Appreciation Night" - Maine Red Claws
- Bighorns Acquire Jaleel Cousins - Reno Bighorns
- San Antonio Assigns Bryn Forbes and Dejounte Murray to Austin - Austin Spurs
- Westchester Knicks Acquire John Jenkins - Westchester Knicks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Iowa Unable to Complete Comeback in Season Finale
- Wolves Lock Down in Fourth Quarter to Secure Win over Suns
- Iowa Takes Care of Business in Home Finale against Wisconsin
- Wolves Take Down Spurs in Come-From-Behind Victory
- Road Woes Continue for Iowa in Loss to Long Island