West Virginia Power Release 2012 Schedule
Charleston, WV - The West Virginia Power released their 2012 schedule yesterday which opens at home on Thursday, April 12.
The 2012 season marks the eighth season of Power baseball at Appalachian Power Park. The team opens the season at home with a seven game series against the Greenville Drive and the Ashville Tourists. The team will then hit the road for a four game series with the Charleston, SC RiverDogs before returning home to take on the Savannah SandGnats and Greensboro Grasshoppers, rounding out the first month of the season.
2012 brings every team from the Southern Division except the Augusta GreenJackets and the Rome Braves through Charleston, giving Power fans the opportunity to see the up and coming major league stars for the Astros, Rockies, Red Sox, Yankees, and Mets. Promotionally, the Power are currently finalizing the 2012 calendar which will feature many of the time-tested promotions as well as some exciting new additions.
"I thought we had a solid weekly line-up of promotions this season with Family Buck Night, Two-for-Tuesday, Thirsty Thursday, Friday Night Fireworks, and Kids Eat Free Sundays," stated Andy Milovich, Executive Vice President of Palisades Baseball. "We plan to carry those weekly promotions into next season and will be working in the coming months to schedule additional promotions and giveaways."
This fall, many more exciting announcements will be made including the date individual game tickets go on sale. Season tickets for all 70 home games and other ticket plans are available now by calling 304-344-BATS (2287). For a printable version of the Power's 2012 Early Bird Schedule visit wvpower.com.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 22, 2011
- Shorebirds Fall in Series Opener, 4-2 - Delmarva Shorebirds
- 12th Inning Homer Dooms Augusta in 3-2 Loss - Augusta GreenJackets
- Lakewood Takes Opener From Delmarva - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Nice Start to Final Homestand - Rome Braves
- Drive, RiverDogs Postponed as Rain Pounds the Lowcountry - Greenville Drive
- RiverDogs and Drive Rained Out - Charleston RiverDogs
- Shorebirds Game Notes: Vs. Lakewood - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Gnats Taylor Whitenton Named SAL Pitcher of the Week - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Crawdads Weekly - 'Dads Back at L.P Frans on September 1 - Hickory Crawdads
- Power Game Notes - West Virginia Power
- Tourists Announce 2012 Baseball Schedule - Asheville Tourists
- West Virginia Power Release 2012 Schedule - West Virginia Power
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.