Washington Spirit Announces Updated 25-Player Roster Ahead of 2019 NWSL Season
Boyds, Md. - The Washington Spirit has announced it's updated 25-player roster ahead of the 7th season of National Women's Soccer League (NWSL) play.
Included on the 25-player roster is defender Mallory Eubanks who will not count against the active roster and will be out for the season for maternity leave.
Also included on the roster are four 2019 Preseason invitees including Tiffany McCarty, who scored the first ever goal for the Spirit, Carlin Hudson, and Shae Yanez, a rookie out of Tennessee.
The Spirit enter the season with two Federation Players: forward Mallory Pugh (USA) and midfielder Rose Lavelle (USA).
Washington also enters the season with two new international players: midfielder Amy Harrison (AUS) and midfielder Chloe Logarzo (AUS)
This Spirit's 2019 season starts April 13 at the club's home stadium the Maryland SoccerPlex in Boyds, MD against Sky Blue FC. [Tickets]
Single game tickets are on sale now for all regular season games played at the Maryland SoccerPlex at Tickets.WashingtonSpirit.com.
2019 Washington Spirit 25-Player NWSL Season Roster
Rostered Players (20 of 22 senior team spots filled, 4 of 4 supplemental spots filled)
Goalkeepers (3): Aubrey Bledsoe, Sammy Jo Prudhomme, Shae Yanez (SUP)
Defenders (8): Megan Crosson, Mallory Eubanks (MAT), Tegan McGrady, Sam Staab, Paige Nielsen, Dorian Bailey, Mackenzie Berryhill, Carlin Hudson (SUP)
Midfielders (7): Meggie Dougherty Howard, Rose Lavelle (FED-USA), Andi Sullivan, Chloe Logarzo (INTL), Tori Huster, Jordan DiBiasi, Amy Harrison (INTL)
Forwards (7): Cali Farquharson, Ashley Hatch, Arielle Ship, Mallory Pugh (FED-USA), Cheyna Matthews, Bayley Feist (SUP), Tiffany McCarty (SUP)
Federation Players (FED): 2
International Roster Spots Filled (INTL): 2
ACTIVE SENIOR ROSTER:
FED (Federation Player): Any player assigned to a roster by virtue of being a Federation Player
INTL (International Player): Any player using an international roster spot
ROSTERED PLAYERS NOT COUNTED AGAINST ACTIVE SENIOR ROSTER LIMIT:
D45 (45-Day Disabled List): Any player on the 45-Day disabled list
SEI (Season Ending Injury List): Any player on the season ending injury list
NTR (National Team Replacement): Any player replacing a player who is with their National Team
GKR (Goalkeeper Replacement): Any goalkeeper replacing a goalkeeper on the roster due to injury
MAT (Maternity): Any player out for an extended period due to maternity
LOA (Loan): Any player who is loaned out to another club
PEN (Pending): Any player signed that will join club on a future date
SUP (Supplemental): Any player on the Supplemental Roster
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from April 8, 2019
- Houston Dash Announce Official 2019 Roster - Houston Dash
- Washington Spirit Announces Updated 25-Player Roster Ahead of 2019 NWSL Season - Washington Spirit
- North Carolina Courage Announce 2019 Roster in Advance of Home Opener - North Carolina Courage
- Sky Blue FC Signs Brazilian Midfielder Gabi - Sky Blue FC
- Chicago Red Stars Announces 2019 NWSL Roster - Chicago Red Stars
- Reign FC Announce 2019 Roster - Reign FC
- Joanna Lohman Announces Retirement from Professional Soccer - Washington Spirit
- Charles & Colvard Named the Official Jewelry Sponsor of the North Carolina Courage - North Carolina Courage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Washington Spirit Stories
- DiBiasi, Hatch named to USWNT's December Identification Camp
- Rose Lavelle Nominated for 2019 U.S. Soccer Female Player of the Year
- A Statement from Steve Baldwin on 2020
- Washington Spirit to Play 2020 Games at Audi Field, Segra Field and the Maryland SoccerPlex
- Washington Spirit Announce Roster Updates for 2019 Off-Season