Warriors Add 20-Year-Old Goaltender
Moose Jaw Warriors General Manager Alan Millar has announced the addition of 20-year-old free agent goaltender Bailey Brkin to the team's roster.
Brkin, 6'2", 172lbs, is from Sherwood Park, Alberta and spent last year with the Spokane Chiefs. In 45 games, he had a 2.75gaa, a .914sv%, and a record of 27-11-1-2 along with two shutouts. Brkin played in 15 games in the 2019 WHL Playoffs and posted a 9-5-1 record with a 2.55gaa and a .922sv%.
Brkin has played in 76 WHL since 2016, he has a career record of 38-26-3-2 with a 3.33gaa and a .899sv%.
He is expected to be in Moose Jaw for practice Wednesday.
In addition, the Warriors have assigned 16-year-old goaltender Brett Mirwald to the Saskatoon Blazers.
Season ticket holders can pick up their 2019 - 2020 packages at the Warriors Office located inside of Mosaic Place. For information regarding season tickets or flex packs for the 2019 - 2020 season, contact the Warriors Office at 306.694.5711.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 11, 2019
- Oil Kings Announce 2019-20 Jersey Schedule - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Oil Kings Ready to Hit the Road to Dawson Creek - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Warriors Add 20-Year-Old Goaltender - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Carson Sass Traded to Kelowna - Tri-City Americans
- Rockets acquire Sass from Americans for a pick - Kelowna Rockets
- Raiders Acquire Aquilon from Royals - Prince Albert Raiders
- Royals Complete Trade with Raiders - Victoria Royals
- Cougars, Hell Yeah Prince George Announce HYPG Charity Zone - Prince George Cougars
- 105 WHL Players Attending NHL Camps - WHL
- Winnipeg ICE Announce Home Opener and Pre-Party Details, Individual Game Tickets Available - Winnipeg Ice
- Ticket Applications Being Accepted for Popular Youth Program - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Seattle Stops Everett Rally - Everett Silvertips
- Morozoff Pots Two in Debut for T-Birds Victory - Seattle Thunderbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.