Warriors Acquire Ronald Roberts Jr., Rights to Darington Hobson
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. - The Santa Cruz Warriors announced today that the team has acquired Ronald Roberts Jr. and the returning player rights to Darington Hobson from the Delaware 87ers, in exchange for guard Sean Kilpatrick and 2015 first round pick in the NBA Development League Draft.
Ronald Roberts Jr., a 6'8" 225-lb forward from St. Joseph's averaged 15.8 points and 11.6 rebounds with Delaware this season. After going undrafted in the 2014 NBA draft, Roberts joined the Philadelphia 76ers for the 2014 NBA Summer League and was acquired by the Delaware 87ers as an affiliate player
The 6'7" 209-lb forward Darington Hobson was selected 37th overall by the Milwaukee Bucks in the 2010 NBA Draft. After not playing during the preseason or during the regular season, he was waived due to injury. On January 1, 2013, Hobson was acquired by the Santa Cruz Warriors and appeared in 36 games during the 2012-13 season, averaging 9.2 points and 6 rebounds per game. Hobson's rights were acquired by the Delaware 87ers in the 2013 NBA Development League Expansion Draft.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 21, 2015
- Curry's Buzzer Beater Lifts Erie over Maine - Erie BayHawks
- Red Claws Lose at Buzzer After Game-Winner Overturned - Maine Red Claws
- Wilcox, Emmett Receive Showcase Honors - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- 2015 All-NBA D-League Showcase Teams Feature Top NBA Prospects - G League
- Charge Fall to 87ers in Double OT - Canton Charge
- D-Fenders Acquire Jamaal Franklin - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- LA Clippers Recall Wilcox - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Bighorns Aquire Four Players - Reno Bighorns
- NBA D-League Update - G League
- Warriors Acquire Ronald Roberts Jr., Rights to Darington Hobson - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Sioux Falls Acquires Bubu Palo - Sioux Falls Skyforce
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Golden State Warriors Recall Guard Jacob Evans III from Santa Cruz
- Santa Cruz Warriors Conclude 2018-19 Season with Defeat to Rio Grande Valley Vipers, 144-125
- Santa Cruz Warriors Advance to Western Conference Finals, Beat the Blue 117-102
- Golden State Warriors Assign Guard Jacob Evans III to Santa Cruz
- Warriors Beat Agua Caliente Clippers 113-109, Match Best Record in NBA G League