Walleye Announce Season-Ending Roster, Move
(Toledo, OH) - The Toledo Walleye have announced its season-ending roster from the 2022-23 season. Information on season- ending rosters follows the list of players. Additionally, the Walleye have completed a future consideration trade with Wichita by sending forward Quinn Preston to the Thunder.
Goaltenders: Billy Christopoulos and Max Milosek
Defensemen: Chris Martenet, Randy Gazzola, Cam Clarke, Cole Fraser, Gordi Myer, Ryan Lowney, Blake Hillman, and Butrus Ghafari.
Forwards: Mitchell Heard, John Albert, Matt Berry, Brandon Hawkins, Conlan Keenan, Brent Pedersen, Brett Boeing, Brett McKenzie, Marcus Vela, and Josh Dickinson.
Season-ending rosters may include up to 20 players. Season-ending rosters cannot include any players who did not sign an ECHL contract in 2021-22.
Each team is entitled to reserve rights to a maximum of eight players from the list of 20 by extending a qualifying offer no later than 11:59 p.m. ET on June 30. Of the eight qualified players, no more than four can be veterans (260 regular season professional hockey games played as of the start of the 2022-23 Season). Players on open qualifying offers cannot be traded. Teams are not required to extend a qualifying offer to players who sign a contract prior to June 30.
The qualifying offer must remain open for acceptance until 11:59 p.m. ET on July 16 at which time the qualifying offer becomes null and void and the team may sign the qualified player to any salary or may elect to take no further action. Teams that extend a valid qualifying offer to a non-veteran player shall retain the rights to that qualified player for one playing season.
A team that extends a valid qualifying offer to a veteran player, or to a goaltender who has played more than 180 regular-season games, will retain the rights to that player until 11:59 p.m. ET on July 16. After July 16, if the veteran player or goaltender is not signed to a contract by the team, the veteran or goaltender shall be deemed a restricted free agent and shall be entitled to seek and secure offers of employment from other ECHL teams. Restricted free agents may not be traded. When a restricted free agent receives a contract offer from a team other than the team with the player's rights and the restricted free agent wishes to accept the contract offer, the restricted free agent and the offering member must, within 24 hours, notify the ECHL, the team with the player's rights and the Professional Hockey Players' Association. The member with the player's rights shall have seven days after the date it is notified to exercise its right to match the contract offer.
If a restricted free agent is not signed to either an offer sheet or a contract by an ECHL team by 11:59 p.m. ET on August 1, the player shall be deemed an unrestricted free agent.
Images from this story
Toledo Walleye gather on the ice
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 16, 2022
- Hamilton Tops Newfoundland 95-91 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Royals Announce 2022 Season-Ending Roster - Reading Royals
- Walleye Announce Two Huge Signings for 2022-23 Season - Toledo Walleye
- Komets Announce First Six Signings of 2022-23 Season - Fort Wayne Komets
- Everblades Announce Season-Ending Roster - Florida Everblades
- Mariners Announce Season-Ending Roster - Maine Mariners
- K-Wings Submit Season-Ending Roster - Kalamazoo Wings
- Komets Announce Season-Ending Roster - Fort Wayne Komets
- Mavericks Acquire Jake Jaremko and Jordan Sambrook - Kansas City Mavericks
- Steelheads Announce 2021-22 Season-Ending Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- Cedric Montminy and Mathieu Brodeur Will be Back with the Trois-Rivières Lions - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Icemen Announce Season-Ending Roster - Jacksonville Icemen
- Stingrays Announce Season-Ending Roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- Americans Announce Season-Ending Roster - Allen Americans
- Rush Announce 2022 Season-Ending Roster - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Announce Season-Ending Roster - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Finalizes Two Futures Trades; Announces Season-Ending Roster - Wichita Thunder
- Worcester Railers HC Announce Season-Ending Roster - Worcester Railers HC
- Nailers Announce Season-Ending Roster - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Announces Season-Ending Rosters - ECHL
- Gladiators Announce Season-Ending Rosters - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Announce Season Ending Roster - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Swamp Rabbits Announce 2021-22 Season-Ending Roster - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Walleye Announce Season-Ending Roster, Move - Toledo Walleye
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.