Vipers Update Regarding G League Suspension
EDINBURG, Texas - As you know, the NBA G League temporarily suspended its 2019-20 season in response to the coronavirus pandemic. This decision was made to safeguard the league and well-being of fans, players, everyone connected to our game and the general public.
The Rio Grande Valley Vipers and the NBA G League will continue to coordinate with infectious disease and public health experts along with government officials to determine safe protocols for resuming our games. As the NBA G League develops the appropriate course for future games and events, we will keep you informed of any changes as soon as they happen.
Tickets already purchased for a postponed game will be honored when the game is rescheduled. If games are not played or played in an empty arena, we will work with the ticketholder on a credit for a future game or a refund. If you have any questions on ticketing, please contact a Vipers representative by calling 956-562-7362.
In the meantime, we encourage you to visit NBA.com/gleague for the latest news, updates and interactive features to stay connected to the game, along with guidelines on how to keep yourself and your family safe and healthy.
Our team and the Rio Grande Valley are committed to looking out for one another and for you, our fans. This complicated situation transcends basketball and sports. Together - with all levels of the government, public health officials, infectious disease specialists, and our local community - we must work as a team.
Thank you for your loyalty and patience during these unprecedented times. We are grateful for your understanding and for being the best fans in sports.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 16, 2020
- Drive Statement on NBA G League Suspension - Grand Rapids Drive
- Vipers Update Regarding G League Suspension - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Mad Ants and NBA G League Update Regarding Ticketing - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Skyforce Statement on NBA G League Suspension - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- NAZ Suns Announce Ticket Policy for Postponed Games - Northern Arizona Suns
- DeVos Family Pledges up to $2 Million for Magic and Amway Center Hourly Workers - Lakeland Magic
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.