Vipers assigned ex-Tide receiver Babb as they get set for Quad City
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - The Tennessee Valley Vipers have been assigned former Alabama wide receiver Joel Babb as the squad gets set for Friday night's arenafootball2 game at Quad City.
Babb (6-foot-2, 200 pounds) played for the Crimson Tide from 1998-2002 and most recently was a standout receiver for indoor teams in Odessa, Texas, and Tupelo, where he had over 2,000 yards receiving and 33 touchdowns combined during the 2006 and '07 seasons.
"We brought Joel in on a two-day tryout and he looked outstanding,'' Vipers coach Milt Theodosatos said. "He put up some big numbers in other indoor leagues and he's got great ability, hands and moves. I'm looking forward to him being a valuable addition to our talented group of receivers as we head into the second half of the season."
The Vipers (4-4) kickoff against the Steamwheelers (5-3) at 7:30 p.m. at The Mark in Moline, Ill., and the game will be broadcast on WVNN 92.5 FM and 770 AM. An internet broadcast of the game also will be available at www.af2.com.
Furthermore: Episode No. 7 of "In the Game: The Story of the Tennessee Valley Vipers" will air Sunday at 10 p.m. on Fox 54. The show is an inside look at the Vipers told by the coaches, players and staff and is sponsored by Infiniti Huntsville and produced by DreamMaker Entertainment.
Up Next: Tennessee Valley returns home June 9 to host South Division rival Florida at the Von Braun Center. Kickoff is set for 7:30 and the first 1,500 fans 14-and-under will receive a Vipers Kids Jersey compliments of Huntsville Hospital and WHNT 19. In addition, 2,000 sets of trading cards featuring Theodosatos, kicker Steven Lee, defensive back Troy Graham and defensive lineman Jon Williams will be handed out at the door.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from May 31, 2007
- Manchester Wolves From The Den - Manchester Wolves
- Bossier-Shreveport BattleWings game notes - Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings
- Vipers assigned ex-Tide receiver Babb as they get set for Quad City - Alabama Vipers
- Thunder Continue To Shuffle Roster - Mahoning Valley Thunder
- Firecats and WINK-TV Team Up for Hurricane Preparedness Night - Florida Firecats
- Velocity Sports to Host "Train Like a Firecat Night" Monday June 4 - Florida Firecats
- Another Texas Tech Product Joins Renegades - Lubbock Renegades
- af2 week 10 Friday night matchups - af2
- af2 week 10 quick hitters - af2
- Jungle Kats Reunite With Thunder Saturday Night - Cincinnati Jungle Kats
- Arkansas Twisters game notes - Arkansas Diamonds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.