Vipers Announce 2015-16 Training Camp Roster
The Rio Grande Valley Vipers today announced the team's 2015-16 training camp roster. This year's roster is comprised of seventeen players - four returners, four affiliate players, six players acquired during the 2015 NBA Development League Draft and three tryout invitees. A full roster is listed below.
This season's training camp marks the first time that the Vipers will practice in the new City of Edinburg Wellness Center. The 84,000 square-foot facility, located in Edinburg, Texas, is the new practice home of the Vipers. The team's section of the facility measures 24,000 square-feet and features two NBA practice courts, locker rooms, a weight room, a conference room and offices for the Vipers basketball operations staff. The construction of the facility is the first step in the team's move to Edinburg. The Vipers are also building the 8,500-seat Bert Ogden Arena in Edinburg. Upon completion, Bert Ogden Arena will be the largest indoor entertainment venue in South Texas.
Rio Grande Valley Vipers Training Camp Roster:
NAME POSITION HEIGHT WEIGHT STATUS COLLEGE
Karl Cochran Guard 6'1 175 Draft Wofford
Laquavius Cotton Forward 6'6 180 Draft Delta State
Michael Craig Forward 6'5 230 Draft/Trade Southern Miss
James Crockett Forward 6'4 205 Tryout Invitee DePaul
Will Cummings Guard 6'2 185 Affiliate Temple
Jaron Johnson Forward 6'6 205 Returner Louisiana Tech
Tyrone Johnson Guard 6'3 195 Tryout Invitee South Carolina
Denzel Livingston Guard 6'4 178 Affiliate Incarnate Word
Ryan Manuel Guard 6'4 195 Tryout Invitee Southern Methodist
Raphiael Putney Forward 6'9 185 Returner Massachusetts
Aqeel Quinn Guard 6'3 200 Draft San Diego State
Akeem Richmond Guard 6'0 180 Returner East Carolina
Josh Smith Center 6'10 350 Affiliate Georgetown
Jarvis Summers Guard 6'3 180 Draft Mississippi
Jarvis Threatt Guard 6'2 170 Returner Delaware
Chris Walker Forward 6'10 220 Affiliate Florida
Amir Williams Center 6'11 250 Draft Ohio State
Head Coach: Matt Brase (1st Season, Arizona, 2005)
Assistant Coach: Joseph Blair (1st Season, Arizona, 1996)
Assistant Coach: Cody Toppert (1st Season, Cornell, 2005)
Strength and Conditioning:Justin Jackson (2nd Season, Tennessee, 2008)
Athletic Trainer: Long Lam (3rd Season, UT-Arlington, 2010)
The RGV Vipers will tip off the 2015-16 season at State Farm Arena with back-to-back games Nov. 13 and 14 versus the Idaho Stampede. Season tickets for the Vipers 2015-16 season are on sale now. For more information, contact the RGV Vipers at 956-972-1144 or visit the Vipers Pro Shop in Uptown Plaza.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 2, 2015
- Austin Spurs Announce 2015-16 Training Camp Roster - Austin Spurs
- Jam Announce 2015-16 Training Camp Roster - Bakersfield Jam
- Pacers Assign Two Players to Mad Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Santa Cruz Warriors Announce 2015 Training Camp Roster - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Bighorns Announce 2015-16 Training Camp Roster - Reno Bighorns
- Charge Announce 2015-16 Coaching Staff & Training Camp Roster - Canton Charge
- Westchester Knicks Finalize 2015-16 Training Camp Roster - Westchester Knicks
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Vipers Announce 2015-16 Training Camp Roster - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Skyforce Announces 2015-16 Training Camp Roster - Sioux Falls Skyforce
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.