Vinny C & Jamarr Ward Earn All-af2 Honors
Albany, N.Y. - The Albany Conquest announced today that kicker Vinny Cirrincione and lineman Jamarr Ward have been selected to the 2006 American Conference All-af2 First Team. All players were selected to either the American or National Conference All-af2 First and Second Teams as voted on by the league's head coaches and beat writers.
Cirrincione, 23, led the af2 by connecting on 61% of his field goals, while also ranking third among kickers with 130 total points and 11 field goals. The Albany resident finished fourth in the league with an 89.8 % PAT conversion rate, while setting Conquest franchise records for most PATs in a season (97), most PATs in a career (196) and most career field goals (22). He connected for eight consecutive field goals during one stretch, which included his first game-winning goal field in a 73-70 victory over the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers at Pepsi Arena's U.S. Army Field. Cirrincione had a tryout with the Buffalo Bills on January 11, 2005 and played for the semi-pro football Metro Maulers.
Ward, 28, recorded a team-high four sacks in 16 games for Albany his return to the Capital District. He totaled 12.5 (9UA, 7A) tackles, including four-and-a-half for loss with one forced fumble, a fumble recovery and one blocked kick during the 2006 season. Ward also played well on offense with 58 receiving yards, including one touchdown reception and three rushing touchdowns. The 2001 af2 lineman of the year played in the AFL for five years, totaling 31 tackles, 2.5 sacks, four pass breakups, two fumble recoveries, and two blocked kicks. His AFL career offensive stats show 21 receptions for 223 yards and three touchdowns, as well as 18 rushes for 48 yards with five touchdowns.
The Albany Conquest, a proud member of the Arena Football family, are set to begin
their sixth arenafootball2 season in March. Season ticket packages for the 2007
season are on sale now by calling the Albany Conquest offices at (518) 487-2244 or
by visiting www.albanyconquest.com
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from August 14, 2006
- Come Say Your Goodbye's To Your 2006 Manchester Wolves - Manchester Wolves
- 2006 Arenacup Playoff Semifinal Recap - af2
- Top League Performers Earn All-af2 Status - af2
- Vinny C & Jamarr Ward Earn All-af2 Honors - Albany Firebirds
- Crear is All-AF2 for Third Straight Year - Memphis Xplorers
- Pioneer Jim Jones named to the American Conference All-af2 First Team - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers
- Morgan, Maeko Tally All-af2 Honors - Stockton Lightning
- Fire Puts Five on All-af2 Teams - Louisville Fire
- Top league performers earn All-af2 status - af2
- Wildcats part ways with head coach Donnie Davis and coaching staff - South Georgia Wildcats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.