Jackson selected to af2 All-Ironman team
ALBANY, NY - The Albany Firebirds announced today that Alvin Ray Jackson has been selected to the af2's All IronMan Team. Overall, 11 players from 10 of the league's 25 teams were selected to the squad consisting of the leagues top two-way players. This is Jackson's second league-honor in two days; yesterday it was announced that Jackson was voted Second Team All af2 by coaches and media.
This season Jackson emerged as the Firebirds top playmaker on both sides of the ball. The two-time af2 JLS IronMan of the Week and eight-time JLS IronMan of the Game led Albany in total scoring with 28 touchdowns, three of them defensive, for 176 total points. Jackson led the Firebirds defense with eight interceptions, five of which came on June 13th vs. Mahoning Valley as he set an af2 record for most interceptions in a game. He also led the Firebirds with four fumble recoveries and his 51 tackles ranked second on the team. Jackson also led Albany with 99 receptions and 25 receiving touchdowns. His 1,123 receiving yards ranked second on the team.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from August 6, 2009
- Conference Semis: Quick Hitters - af2
- Boise duo named to af2 All-Ironman team - Boise Burn
- Barnstormers' Johnson named to af2 All-Ironman team - Iowa Barnstormers
- Jackson selected to af2 All-Ironman team - Albany Firebirds
- Blanchard named to af2 All-Ironman team - Alabama Vipers
- Two-way standouts named to af2 All-Ironman team - Spokane Shock
- La Crosse alum earns af2 All-Ironman honors - Milwaukee Mustangs
- Two-Way Standouts Named to af2 All-Ironman Team - af2
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.