Vancouver Canadians Look Ahead to 2021 Season
The Vancouver Canadians Baseball Club along with the rest of the franchises within the Northwest League of Professional Baseball (NWL) were informed by Pat O' Conner, Minor League Baseball President, that as of today, the 2020 season has been cancelled outright due to challenges stemming from COVID-19.
"Our only priority throughout this entire process has always been the health and well-being of our fans, players, partners and staff," states Vancouver Canadians President Andy Dunn.
"We have been in constant contact with health and municipal authorities in addition to both MLB and MILB throughout this process and remain positive and encouraged by what lies ahead for both the Canadians and the NWL as we now turn our sights toward the 2021 season."
This cancellation marks the first time since 1977 that a season of Vancouver Canadians Baseball will not take place out at historic Nat Bailey Stadium.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from June 30, 2020
- Spokane Will Be Without Indians Baseball for 2020 Season - Spokane Indians
- 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Canceled - Tri-City Dust Devils
- MLB Announces Cancellation of 2020 MiLB Season - Hillsboro Hops
- Vancouver Canadians Look Ahead to 2021 Season - Vancouver Canadians
- Eugene Emeralds' 2020 Season Officially Canceled - Eugene Emeralds
- Everett AquaSox 2020 Season Officially Canceled - Everett AquaSox
- Minor League Baseball Announces Cancellation of 2020 Season for All Leagues - Boise Hawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.