United Way of Midland County and Great Lakes Loons Host Regional United Way Night on September 5
United Ways from across the Great Lakes Bay Region will join forces for the first-ever regional United Way night at the Great Lakes Loons game on Thursday, September 5. Doubling as the kickoff of United Way of Midland County's 2019 Campaign, this will also be the Loons first Midwest League Playoff home game of the year. The Great Lakes Loons have generously offered to give back to each of the regional United Ways for every lawn ticket sold to this game.
"We're thrilled to kick off our 2019 campaign with our regional United Way teammates and the Great Lakes Loons. We hope this is the beginning of another championship run for the Loons and a successful campaign for United Way," shared Holly Miller, Executive Director at United Way of Midland County.
For every lawn ticket sold to the September 5th game, $1 will be donated to the United Ways of Midland, Bay, Saginaw and Gratiot/Isabella Counties. Not only will fans get to experience the excitement of playoff baseball, but they will be able to support their local communities at the same time.
"We're excited to partner with United Way for our first Midwest League playoff game this season," Loons President & General Manager Brad Tammen said. "Turning a great opportunity we have playing postseason baseball into yet another positive with dollars being donated back to our region is a major win for everyone before the game is even played."
Tickets are on sale now at the Dow Diamond box office and can be purchased in person, by phone at (989) 837-BALL and online at Loons.com. Lawn tickets are just $8.
"United Way brings our community together to improve lives, and you can help improve lives throughout the region simply by attending an exciting playoff baseball game," added Miller.
To learn more about Great Lakes Bay Region United Ways, visit the United Way table on the Dow Diamond concourse on September 5th or visit eportal.unitedwaymidland.org/UWGLBR.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from September 3, 2019
- Hiraldo, Perez HRs Power Lugs to 8th Straight Win over Michigan State - Lansing Lugnuts
- Captains Host Postseason Opener Wednesday Night - Lake County Captains
- Fermin Honored as Player of the Week - Lake County Captains
- Cougars Announce Changes to Food and Beverage Operations - Kane County Cougars
- Remey Reed Wins MWL Pitcher of the Week - Clinton LumberKings
- Kane County Cougars 2019 Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Kane County Cougars
- 1st Round Playoff Schedule Set - MWL
- United Way of Midland County and Great Lakes Loons Host Regional United Way Night on September 5 - Great Lakes Loons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Great Lakes Loons Stories
- Go Green! Go Blue! Watch Party Coming to Dow Diamond October 31
- Dow vs Midland Football Watch Party Tickets on Sale Friday
- Loons to Host High School Football Watch Parties at Dow Diamond
- MiLB Announces 2020 Season Canceled
- Loons Join MiLB's CommUNITY First Campaign