United Announces Date Change for Away Game vs. Fire
Washington, D.C. (May 2, 2005) - D.C. United announced today that the away game originally scheduled for September 24 versus the Chicago Fire will now take place on Wednesday, June 29. Kickoff at the Fires Soldier Field is set for 8:30 p.m. EST.
The date change was necessary because of a conflict with the National Football Leagues Chicago Bears. At the time of the June 29 match the Fire and United will have met three times, however it will the Black-and-Reds first trip to the Windy City.
United is currently preparing to face the Columbus Crew, who travel to D.C. for a meeting at RFK this Saturday, May 7. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. EST. A young United side fell to the Crew 1-0 in their first meeting of the season on Friday, April 15. Crew forward Edson Buddle scored the lone goal of the game in the 26th minute of play. The Crew currently sits in third place in the Eastern Conference standings with a 2-3-0 record (6 pts.), while United is tied for fourth with a 1-2-2 record (5 pts.).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 2, 2005
- Earthquakes weekly update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake weekly update - Real Salt Lake
- FC Dallas Weekly Update - FC Dallas
- Chicago Fire weekly update - Chicago Fire
- MetroStars Weekly Report - New York Red Bulls
- D.C. United To Sponsor Inaugural Tournament - D.C. United
- United Announces Date Change for Away Game vs. Fire - D.C. United
- L.A. Galaxy Weekly Update - LA Galaxy
- Amado Guevara named MLS Player of the Week - New York Red Bulls
- Crew heads to Washington, D.C. to take on D.C. United Saturday - Columbus Crew SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- Audi Field Named as Host Venue for Week 6 Premier League Lacrosse Games
- D.C. United Announce Cherry Blossom Night on April 9
- Loudoun United FC Announce Groundbreaking Ceremony for Loudoun United Stadium
- D.C. United Sign Academy Product Griffin Yow as 12th Homegrown in Club History
- D.C. United Forward Wayne Rooney Voted MLS Player of the Week