Two-run eighth inning gives Rainiers 7-5 win
PORTLAND, Wash. - Brad Nelson went 3-for-4 with three RBIs and two runs scored as the Tacoma Rainiers beat the Portland Beavers 7-5 Friday night at PGE Park.
Despite being outhit 12-9 by the Beavers (25-42), the Rainiers (34-32) were able to take the opening game of the four-game series behind a two-run eighth inning.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 19, 2010
- Redbirds rally by Zephyrs - Memphis Redbirds
- Redbirds respond with a win - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Former OSU Standout Mitch Canham Transferred to Portland from San Antonio - Portland Beavers
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Two-run eighth inning gives Rainiers 7-5 win - Portland Beavers
- Five-run fifth lifts Aces - Reno Aces
- New Orleans hammers Redbirds - Memphis Redbirds
- Johnson Stumbles as Sky Sox Fall in Series Opener, 8-4 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
Other Recent Portland Beavers Stories
- Statement from Merritt Paulson regarding ownership of the Portland Beavers
- Beavers, Timbers Community Fund Again Recognized by Corporate Philanthropy Awards
- Beavers Win Final Game at PGE Park in Dramatic Fashion
- Young, Geer Combine on Three-Hitter as Beavers Beat 51's
- Portland held to four hits in 9-1 loss