Two CH146 Griffons Helicopters to Fly over Percival Molson Memorial Stadium on Saturday
Montreal - As part of the Canadian Armed Forces game, two CH146 Griffons helicopters will overfly Percival Molson Memorial Stadium (located on the flank of Mount Royal) twice Saturday afternoon, when the Montreal Alouettes host the Winnipeg Blue Bombers at 4:00 p.m.
While the spectacular flyovers will be short, they will cause noise that is likely to surprise passersby and residents of surrounding neighbourhoods. The Alouettes invite Montrealers to look up at the sky at 4:04 p.m. and 4:08 p.m. on that day.
For the occasion, more than 300 Quebec members of the Canadian Armed Forces will attend the game. The national anthem with be performed by members of the military and Brigadier-General Prévost will assist with the unlocking of the cage which marks the players' entrance on the field.
The theme of this game is a nod to the history of the team who was named after the 425 Tactical Fighter Squadron, the first French-Canadian Squadron of the Royal Canadian Air Force known for its tenacity and dedication.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from September 19, 2019
- This Week in the CFL â?? Week 15 - CFL
- James Duthie Returns to Host Shaw CFL Awards - CFL
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers to Give Away 15,000 Andrew Harris Bobbleheads - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Two CH146 Griffons Helicopters to Fly over Percival Molson Memorial Stadium on Saturday - Montreal Alouettes
- Red and White Travel to Toronto - Calgary Stampeders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.