Red and White Travel to Toronto
The Calgary Stampeders will be making their one and only visit to Toronto this season when they meet the Argonauts on Friday.
With a 19-18 comeback victory at home over Hamilton last Saturday, Calgary improved to 8-4 on the season. Bo Levi Mitchell had a 300-yard passing game for the first time in his five appearances this year while Brandon Smith and Mike Rose each registered fumble recoveries for the Stamps.
Toronto (2-9) is coming off a bye week. The team's most recent game action came in Ottawa on Sept. 7 as the Argos (2-9) prevailed comfortably by a score of 46-17.
A Stampeders victory in Week 15 would mean a sweep their season series with the Argonauts after the Red and White took down Toronto 26-16 back on July 15. Both teams were unable to produce either a 100-yard rusher or 100-yard receiver in that matchup.
Calgary has won five straight outings in Toronto and scored at least 41 points in each of its past three trips to BMO Field.
Sitting third in the league with 16 special-teams tackles, the Stampeders' Nate Holley will be looking to corral the Argos' Chris Rainey, who leads the CFL in kickoff-return yards.
Next up for the Stamps will be their third and final regular-season bye. The Argos will host the Saskatchewan Roughriders on Saturday, Sept. 28.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from September 19, 2019
- This Week in the CFL â?? Week 15 - CFL
- James Duthie Returns to Host Shaw CFL Awards - CFL
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers to Give Away 15,000 Andrew Harris Bobbleheads - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Two CH146 Griffons Helicopters to Fly over Percival Molson Memorial Stadium on Saturday - Montreal Alouettes
- Red and White Travel to Toronto - Calgary Stampeders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.