Tulsa drops Austin in regular season finale
AUSTIN, TX - Russell Carter scored 26 points and Chris Ellis added 20 and the Tulsa 66ers defeated the Austin Toros 114-109 on Saturday night at the Austin Convention Center in the regular season finale for both teams.
Tulsa battled back from a 14-point deficit and had the lead going into the final period of play. The Toros and 66ers traded baskets in the fourth but Tulsa closed the door following a pair of Jeremy Kelly free throws to push the lead to 112-109 with 11.6 seconds remaining.
Six players finished with double figures in scoring for the Tulsa 66ers including four starters. Mike Hall had 17 points, Scott Merritt had 15 and Jeremy Kelly had 10.
Carldell Johnson scored a season-high 32 points and dished out 10 assists. Johnson also pulled down six rebounds. Josh Gross had 23 points and five rebounds. Ian Mahinmi and Andre Barrett, both members of All-NBA D-League Teams for the 2007-08 season, did not play in the game.
The Toros finish the regular season with a record of 30-20, which is the best record in the three history of the franchise. After clinching the Southwest Division last night, Austin earned a first-round bye in the playoffs and will play their second round playoff game next Saturday, April 19 at the Austin Convention Center.
Tulsa concludes the 2007-08 season with a final record of 26-24.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 12, 2008
- Anaheim shoots 64 percent in the opening period to roast Jam, 120-99 - Bakersfield Jam
- 14ers Sweep Thunderbirds for the Season - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- 2008 NBA Development League Playoff Schedule Set - G League
- Three double-doubles help Stampede win fifth straight going into playoffs - Idaho Stampede
- Flash franchise record leads to victory over Defenders - Utah Flash
- Dakota Wizards tops Fort Wayne Mad Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Tulsa drops Austin in regular season finale - Austin Spurs
- Idaho's Bryan Gates Earns Second Dennis Johnson Coach of the Year Award - G League
- Morris Almond Earns Inaugural D-League Impact Player of the Year Award - G League
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Spurs Stories
- Austin Spurs Announce 2018-19 Season Schedule
- Austin Spurs Hype Team Auditions to be Held August 26
- Austin Spurs Host Free Day of Camp for Community Youth this Friday
- Austin Spurs to Hold Local Player Tryouts September 15
- Spurs Announce 2018 Utah Summer League Roster