Tri-City Held Scoreless
A big night at the plate by the Hillsboro Hops (18-8) proved to be too much for the Tri-City Dust Devils (13-13) to overcome on Wednesday as the team lost 11-0. The loss was only the second time this season the Dust Devils have been shutout.
Tri-City remained within striking distance until late. The Hops scored seven of their eleven runs in the seventh and eighth innings combined. The Dust Devils best chance to score came in the top of the seventh inning, when the team trailed by only four runs. Olivier Basabe had a leadoff double and two batters late Blake Hunt drew a walk, but both were left stranded.
Right-hander Cole Bellinger will start the second game of the five-game road series tonight. Hillsboro will counter with right-hander Matt Tabor. The next home game for Tri-City will be on Monday, July 16. The opener of the eight-game homestand will be Home Run Derby Night presented by The Batters Box and a Coca-Cola Monday, where all 22 oz. Coca-Cola products will be $1 all night long. Great seats are available by calling the Dust Devils' front office at (509) 544-8789 or by going to www.dustdevilsbaseball.com to purchase tickets.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from July 12, 2018
- Tri-City Held Scoreless - Tri-City Dust Devils
- Sox Explode on Volcanoes, 7-4 - Everett AquaSox
- Vavra Blasts Walk-Off Grand Slam to Beat Vancouver 6-5 - Boise Hawks
- Redband Rally Leads Indians to 8-7 Win in Series Opener - Spokane Indians
- Hillsboro Rolls to 11-0 Victory in Series Opener - Hillsboro Hops
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.