Tri-City Dusts Bears 9-4 Saturday at Gesa Stadium
The Yakima Bears lost 9-4 to the Tri-City Dust Devils at Gesa Stadium in Pasco, Washington Saturday night. The current series between the Bears and Dust Devils is now tied at 1-1.
Bears starting pitcher Daniel Watts had his roughest outing of the season. Watts had never allowed more than three runs in a game prior in 2012, but he gave up four runs in the first inning Saturday. The lefty took the loss after allowing six earned runs and seven total runs on seven hits and two walks in three and a third innings.
The Dust Devils led 8-3 by the end of the fourth inning, with all of the Bears runs coming in the second inning off a Mark Ginther home run. The only other Bears run was scored by Josh Parr, who came home in the fifth inning on a Wagner Mateo single. The Dust Devils added one more run in the seventh inning off of RJ Hively, who had already escaped a bases-loaded, no-out jam in the sixth.
Both teams had 11 hits on the night, including two doubles and a home run for the bears and five doubles and two triples for the Dust Devils. Yogey Perez-Ramos went 4-for-5 and both Mateo and Parr finished with two hits.
The series will be decided Sunday at Gesa Stadium. First pitch is scheduled for 7:15. Right-handed pitchers Austin Platt of the Bears and TJ Oakes of the Dust Devils are the probable pitchers.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from August 5, 2012
- Frogs Drop First Series at Home - Everett AquaSox
- Canadians Sweep Eugene To Win Sixth Straight - Vancouver Canadians
- Former Hawks Jackson, Vitters Called up by Cubs - Boise Hawks
- Frogs Get 18 Hits, Win 11-6 - Everett AquaSox
- Tri-City Thumps Yakima 9-4 - Tri-City Dust Devils
- Tri-City Dusts Bears 9-4 Saturday at Gesa Stadium - Yakima Bears
- Vancouver 1B Art Charles pounds out three doubles in 8-5 victory over Eugene - Vancouver Canadians
- Sellout Crowd on Hand as Hawks Slip Past Indians 6-2 - Spokane Indians
- Boise wins 6-2 - Boise Hawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.