Trayvon Robinson Signed by the Chicago White Sox
Trayvon Robinson, who roamed the outfield for the Lancaster Barnstormers from 2016-18, has signed a minor league contract with the Chicago White Sox, it has been announced.
Robinson, 32, spent the 2019 season in the Pittsburgh Pirates organization with Class AAA Indianapolis. The switch hitting outfielder batted.297 with seven homers and 36 RBI in 92 games and represented the Indians and International League in the Class AAA All-Star Game at El Paso.
After spending the first half of the 2016 season with the Somerset Patriots, Robinson joined the Barnstormers later that campaign. The native of Los Angeles, California remained through the end of the 2018 season. Over 255 games with Lancaster, Robinson hit .293 while belting 20 homers and driving home 108 runs. He played all three outfield positions during his time in Lancaster.
Robinson was initially drafted by the Los Angeles Dodgers in 2005 and reached the Major Leagues with the Seattle Mariners in 2011. Over his two seasons with Seattle, Robinson batted .215 in 90 games. He played left field behind Felix Hernandez' perfect game against Tampa Bay on August 15, 2012.
The White Sox will be his seventh Major League organization.
• Discuss this story on the Atlantic League message board...
Atlantic League Stories from January 17, 2020
- Skeeters Sign OF Denis Phipps and IF Juan Silverio - Sugar Land Skeeters
- Host a Ducks Player During 2020 Season - Long Island Ducks
- Trayvon Robinson Signed by the Chicago White Sox - Lancaster Barnstormers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lancaster Barnstormers Stories
- Winners of First Responders Home Run Derby Announced
- First Responders Home Run Derby this Weekend at Clipper Magazine Stadium
- Barnstormers Offer Clipper Magazine Stadium to Toronto Blue Jays
- Clipper Magazine Stadium Reopens for Summer Fun
- Barnstormers to Celebrate Opening Day Virtually