Toros Still Fighting For A Win
AUSTIN, Texas - The Austin Toros remain winless after a 97-103 loss to the Los Angeles D-Fenders tonight at the Austin Convention Center. The win moves the D-Fenders to 8-5, the Toros 0-11.
BJ Elder and Jamar Smith delivered solid performances both scoring 21, Scott Merritt finished the night with 17 points and 9 rebounds. Toros free throw shooting showed marked improvement at 84 percent, however 3 point shooting was a record low 15.4 percent.
Devin Green led the D-Fenders in points scored with 22, guard Brian Chase added 20. The Toros and the D-Fenders traded the lead 16 times during the game and were tied 8.
"I never imagined we would be here, but in each game I see the players making strides to pull themselves out of this." said Coach Johnson. "We are close, I still have confidence in their ability to win."
The Toros and D-Fenders meet again on December 26 at 7p.m. in Austin. Dads and daughters can buy one ticket and get one free as part of the holiday hoops ticket specials.
For ticket information, log on to austintoros.com or call the Toros ticket office at (512) 236-8333.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 23, 2006
- Toros Still Fighting For A Win - Austin Spurs
- Idaho extends win streak to four by dropping Albuquerque on back-to-back nights - Idaho Stampede
- 14ers Run Past the Flyers - Colorado 14ers
- Arkansas Falls Short at Home - Arkansas RimRockers
- Skyforce Pull Out Nail Biter - Dakota Wizards
- Tulsa Comes Up Short Against Anaheim - Anaheim Arsenal
- Tulsa comes up short against Anaheim - Tulsa 66ers
- D-League daily developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Spurs Stories
- Virtual Auditions for 2020-21 Spurs Hype Squad Begin Today with Open Submission Round
- Spurs Sports Academy to Host Virtual Basketball Camps for Young Athletes Starting July 13
- Grizzlies Add Assistant Coach
- Statement from SS&E CEO RC Buford
- Spurs Sports Academy to Host Free Virtual Basketball Clinics for Young Athletes Starting June 1