Arkansas Falls Short at Home
LITTLE ROCK, AR - Clay Tucker's three point shot as time expired came up short as the Arkansas RimRockers was defeated by the Bakersfield Jam 90-88 on Saturday night at Alltel Arena
"This is a game we should not have lost," said RimRockers Head Coach Andy Stoglin. "Even without Matt being here, we shouldn't have lost. We controlled most of the game; we just didn't play smart at the end."
The RimRockers were unable to recover as the Jam used a 13-4 run to start the fourth quarter. Bakersfield center Kevinn Pinkney scored 14 of his game high 20 points in the fourth quarter and strong performances by Brandon Bowman and Gerry McNamara, 15 and 13, edged the RimRockers in a close fought battle.
Jonathan Moore collected his second double-double of the season with 14 and 10 boards off the bench for the RimRockers. Also leading Arkansas in scoring with 14 points were Jason Smith and Brandon Dean, who also handed out a game high nine dimes.
"Coach really emphasized rebounding after last night's game," said Moore. "So we went out there and fought, but just came up a little short tonight."
The RimRockers held the Jam to 15 first quarter points to take a seven point lead to the second quarter. An even matched second quarter had the RimRockers taking a 46-39 lead to the half.
Arkansas was unable to stop the Jam as they started the second half with a 14-5 explosion and took the lead for the first time since the 6:51 mark in the first. A back and forth contest throughout the second half saw double digit leads blown by both teams, as they took the game to the wire.
The RimRockers will come back from the Christmas break to face the Tulsa 66ers in a back-to-back series next Friday and Saturday night, while the Jam travel to Albuquerque to face the Thunderbirds.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 23, 2006
- Toros Still Fighting For A Win - Austin Spurs
- Idaho extends win streak to four by dropping Albuquerque on back-to-back nights - Idaho Stampede
- 14ers Run Past the Flyers - Colorado 14ers
- Arkansas Falls Short at Home - Arkansas RimRockers
- Skyforce Pull Out Nail Biter - Dakota Wizards
- Tulsa Comes Up Short Against Anaheim - Anaheim Arsenal
- Tulsa comes up short against Anaheim - Tulsa 66ers
- D-League daily developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Arkansas RimRockers Stories
- Arkansas Victorious in Home Finale
- Arkansas Escapes With Win
- RimRockers Announce Season Ticket Prices for 2007-08
- Arkansas Suffers Major Letdown
- Arkansas Mystified by Wizards