Skyforce Pull Out Nail Biter
BISMARCK N.D. - The Dakota Wizards lost their second straight time at home, this time to the Sioux Falls Skyforce 101-100. This was the third meeting of the two rivals this season with the Wizards still holding a 2-1 edge in the series.
The first half was a battle for both teams as the Wizards lead by as many as six in the first quarter and trailed by as many as eight in the second. Wizards guard James Maye led the way in the first half shooting five for seven from the field to bring the Wizards to within two points at the half 42-40.
The Wizards, who fell to 6-3 on the season, were again led in scoring by Renoldo Major with 26 points, his eighth game of the season scoring 10 or more points. Close behind him was Maye with 20, and forward Quemont Greer finished the evening with 18 points. Justin Williams regain his double double adventure with 10 points to go along with his 14 boards, his seventh double double of the season.
At the end of the evening it was Sioux Falls who was victorious. Forward Andre Brown led the Skyforce, who was questionable to play with a hamstring injury had 24 points 14 rebounds on the night. Guard Vincent Grier had 22 and guard Elton Nesbitt came up big in the fourth scoring ten of his 15 to seal the eighth win for the Skyforce (8-5).
"This is one the better wins I've had in basketball", said head coach Mo McHone " To leave your point guard at home (Frank Williams DNP Injury) and get the win after playing last night and traveling today, It's a good win".
The Wizards they travel to Idaho for a game on Wednesday before returning to Bismarck for a New Year weekend with Colorado. The next matchup for the Skyforce will be Christmas Day against Colorado.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 23, 2006
- Toros Still Fighting For A Win - Austin Spurs
- Idaho extends win streak to four by dropping Albuquerque on back-to-back nights - Idaho Stampede
- 14ers Run Past the Flyers - Colorado 14ers
- Arkansas Falls Short at Home - Arkansas RimRockers
- Skyforce Pull Out Nail Biter - Dakota Wizards
- Tulsa Comes Up Short Against Anaheim - Anaheim Arsenal
- Tulsa comes up short against Anaheim - Tulsa 66ers
- D-League daily developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.