Toronto Rock's Crosbie and Woods Named to East All-Star Team
TORONTO - The National Lacrosse League (NLL) has announced Toronto Rock players Jason Crosbie and Cam Woods as members of the 2009 Eastern Division All-Star team. Former Rock captain, Jim Veltman, has been appointed head coach of the East team.
Toronto Rock points leader, Jason Crosbie, receives his first ever All-Star nod this year. In his freshman year with Toronto, Crosbie has collected 31 points from nine goals and 22 assists. His impressive start to the season gave Crosbie special consideration by league coaches during All-Star voting.
Cam Woods will be making his fourth All-Star appearance, but first in Rock uniform (2002 Alberta, 04 San Jose, 07 Chicago). In his three All-Star games Woods has collected one goal, two assists and 15 loose balls. Woods, a defender, is in his second season with the Rock.
All-Star team reserve players were chosen by the coaches of the 12 NLL teams. The Eastern and Western Division starting line-ups, which were announced by the league on Monday, were determined by the combined votes of the league's general managers, league media, and fans. For a full list of the 2009 All-Star rosters, visit www.nll.com.
Toronto Rock legend Jim Veltman will coach the Eastern Division All-Star Team. Veltman is no stranger to All-Star weekend, being named to the East team six times over his career with Toronto (1999, 02, 04, 05, 06, 08). This year Veltman is also being inducted into the NLL Hall of Fame for his talent, sportsmanship, and outstanding contribution to the sport of lacrosse. Fellow Hall of Fame inductee Dallas Eliuk will serve as coach of the Western Division All-Star Team.
Veltman and Eliuk will be honoured during the Hall of Fame induction ceremony as part of the NLL All-Star Weekend festivities in Denver, Colorado on Saturday, March 7th 2009, followed by the All-Star game at 9:00 p.m. ET. Both the Hall of Fame ceremony and All-Star game will be broadcast live on the NLL Network, streamed online at http://www.nll.com.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from February 19, 2009
- Toronto Rock Veteran Dan Ladouceur Retires - Toronto Rock
- Five Mammoth To All-Star Game, Murray A Starter - Colorado Mammoth
- Knighthawks Acquire 2008 NLL Rookie of the Year Craig Point - Rochester Knighthawks
- Teat and Hawksbee Named to 2009 Western Division All-Star Roster - Edmonton Rush
- Tavares and Vyse Named All-Star Reserves - Buffalo Bandits
- Toronto Rock's Crosbie and Woods Named to East All-Star Team - Toronto Rock
- Minnesota Swarm Acquires F Aaron Wilson from Rochester - Minnesota Swarm
- Three to Join Sanderson at All-Star Game - Calgary Roughnecks
- Boston Blazers Travel West for Weekend Road Matchups - Boston Blazers
- Knighthawks Williams And Gait Named To All-Star Game - Rochester Knighthawks
- Peter Morgan Added; Dallas Eliuk To Coach All-Star Team - Portland Lumberjax
- National Lacrosse League All-Star Game reserves announced - NLL
- Springfield, PA Native Selected to Represent Wings in NLL All-Star Game - Philadelphia Wings
- Bandits Announce Third Jersey Schedule - Buffalo Bandits
- Minnesota Swarm Game at San Jose Moved - Minnesota Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.