Toronto Marlies Sign Goaltender Luke Cavallin
The Toronto Marlies announced today that the hockey club has signed goaltender Luke Cavallin to a two-year AHL contract.
Cavallin, 21, posted a 36-14-4 record with a 3.16 goals-against average and a .910 save percentage in 56 games with the Flint Firebirds (OHL) during the 2021-22 season. He led the league in wins (36) and was second in games played (56) and saves (1740). The Greely, Ontario native was named a finalist for the OHL All-Star Team. Cavallin appeared in 143 games with Flint over four seasons, posting a 62-57-8 record with a 3.91 goals-against average and a .889 save percentage.
The Toronto Marlies are the primary development program for the Toronto Maple Leafs. Since 2005, 142 players have appeared in regular season games at both the NHL and AHL levels. The 2021-22 Maple Leafs roster featured 18 players who have dressed for both the Maple Leafs and Marlies - Joey Anderson, Kyle Clifford, Carl Dahlström, Pierre Engvall, Justin Holl, Michael Hutchinson, Erik Källgren, Timothy Liljegren, Petr Mrázek, Jake Muzzin, William Nylander, Morgan Rielly, Nick Robertson, Kristiāns Rubīns, Rasmus Sandin, Brett Seney, Alex Steeves and Joseph Woll.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from June 6, 2022
- Late Goal the Difference as Heat Fall in Game Two - Stockton Heat
- Henderson Silver Knights 2022-23 Season Tickets On-Sale Now - Henderson Silver Knights
- Passion for the Game Pushes Zac Dalpe to a Stellar Season - Charlotte Checkers
- Toronto Marlies Sign Goaltender Luke Cavallin - Toronto Marlies
- Morning Skate: June 6 at Chicago - Stockton Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.