Tony Tompkins Visits Edmonton Eskimos
(Edmonton) - Former Edmonton Eskimo receiver Tony Tompkins will be in Edmonton this Thursday, July 25, to watch the Esks take on the Toronto Argonauts at The Brick Field at Commonwealth Stadium. Kickoff is 7:30 p.m.
Media wishing to arrange interviews are asked to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2005 Grey Cup champion spent three seasons with the Green and Gold (2005-07). In the 93rd Grey Cup, Tompkins set a league record for the longest kickoff return in the big game when he returned a kick 96 yards for a major. He also set a record for most kickoff returns in a season with 57 in 2006.
In 43 games, he recorded 2,480 yards on 115 kickoffs with one touchdown, 1,808 yards on 199 punt returns with three touchdowns and 593 yards on 20 missed field goals.
Tompkins was named the Eskimos Most Outstanding Rookie and Eskimos Most Outstanding Special Teams Player in 2005.
Tompkins will crank the Eskimos siren to open the game.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from July 23, 2019
- Stamps Set for Rematch with RedBlacks - Calgary Stampeders
- Ottawa RedBlacks' Louis-Philippe Bourassa Suspended for Violating CFL/CFLPA Drug Policy - CFL
- RedBlacks Statement Regarding Louis-Philippe Bourassa - Ottawa RedBlacks
- BC Lions Add Two to Practice Roster - B.C. Lions
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Add Janarion Grant to Practice Roster - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Eskimos Release Deane, Remove Clay from Suspended List - Edmonton Eskimos
- Lions Host 'Riders Saturday Afternoon - B.C. Lions
- Tony Tompkins Visits Edmonton Eskimos - Edmonton Eskimos
- Shaw CFL Top Performers Named for Week 6 - CFL
- Matt Nichols Named Shaw CFL Top Performer for Week 6 - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.